Mobile Hotspot without plan

tkuligowski

Reaction score
Should mobile hotspot be working for me if i have the grandfathered in unlimited data plan? I was messing around with my phone this morning and turned it on. I thought it would give me some sort of prompt, or take me to a verizon page, but it didnt do any of that...it just turned on. I didnt try my laptop with it or anything so maybe if i did that it would take me to a verizon page? Just trying to figure out if this is actually working without me paying for it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Reaction score
If you are being billed for moblie hotspot it will be in the plan details on your MyVerzion page.

OP
T

tkuligowski

Reaction score
Im not being billed for it. Thats why im asking why it would be working for me if im not paying for the plan. I mean is it supposed to work if you havent added mobile hot spot to your plan?

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Im not being billed for it. Thats why im asking why it would be working for me if im not paying for the plan. I mean is it supposed to work if you havent added mobile hot spot to your plan?

No

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
If you didn't surf with a laptop then how do you know it is working? I bet you get redirected to a sign up page.

OP
T

tkuligowski

Reaction score
Your right...i dont know if it will work. I was asking because if it does work i dont want to get a extra charge saying i used mhs data and now i owe 20 dollars.

OP
T

tkuligowski

Reaction score
ok well sorry if I wasted anyones time. I decided I would just try it and like the poster above said it directed me to a verizon suscribe page. I just figured it wouldn't even activate on my phone without the plan, and didn't want to be charged anything to snoop around and see if it worked. Thanks to all who replied.