Mobile Hotpot troubles after "trying" to update to kit kat

mavthrill8

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am beyond frustrated. I installed the hotspot fix for jelly bean 4.2. My LG G2 has constantly been trying to update; so I thought it would be a good idea to delete the hotspot provision so that I could update.

I screwed up somewhere and now the mobile hotspot is gone and the “updater” is gone as well. I downloaded the “stock” mobilehotspot.odex and the “mobileupdateclient.apk” installed them to phone, set the permissions, and rebooted the phone.

However, on reboot the mobile hotspot app is not showing up and the phone will not try to update when I go to “about phone” and “software.”

I installed TWRP to flash back to stock, but I can’t even get that to work, I just get the android guy with the triangle and exlamation point.

Any input but would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers to a great community.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Flash back to stock with the LG Flash tool, take OTA to 12B, then OTA to 24A, then root with ioroot25 and apply KitKat hotspot fix.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

OP
M

mavthrill8

Reaction score
Thanks Ace. I am going to try and work through this slowly

jasonvideo

Reaction score
Lurking

Thanks Ace. I am going to try and work through this slowly

I am in the same boat that you were. I have the hotspot fix installed on JB. Hotspot works. Everyday sometimes twice a day I get the update notice. I haven't done it because I'm not sure there's a way to fix the hotspot with KK. This morning, in an attempt to hit the snooze button I hit the update button. Don't judge me, 6am and coffee was an hour away! I thought quick enough to hold the power button down before any update (damage) was started. Whew! I wish I could turn off the update. I'm not very good with all things root. I did get it rooted and the fix applied, but I don't even know if I could accomplish that feat again.

So am I to understand that there is a root and hotspot fix if I let the OTA have it's way? Is it difficult?

Thanks,

Jason

jasonvideo

Reaction score
TB

Freeze the update check with TB

I don't have the paid ver. of TB, so no freeze. That doesn't answer the hotspot question either. Good idea for the update issue though. Thank you.

Jason