mobile hot spot question

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by djspy, Aug 26, 2012.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. djspy

djspy Member

Ratings:
    +14
    With the recent ruling against Verizon concerning the blocking of apps that enable wifi tether I've read some things about the hot spot feature now being free but only to those that have tiered data plans. Is this true? I have an unlimited data plan so when I try to activate it I get the message about needing the $30 Hot spot feature.
  2. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Ratings:
    +253
    It is true. If you have unlimited data, you're still supposed to pay for the hotspot feature. If you have a tiered plan, you don't have to pay for the hotspot feature.
  3. MattyP

MattyP Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +196
    And if your phone is rooted the Hotspot can be free as well ... just sayin :icon_ devil:
  4. djspy

djspy Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Awesome! Thanks for the replies. My friend bought her first smartphone in February (RAZR thanks to me :D) and got double the data (10 gigs for $50). She doesn't have internet at home so she kept going to Starbucks to do work on her computer until i showed her she could use USB Tethering. I just wanted to make sure she could now use The Hot Spot before telling her. Thanks again for the replies!
  5. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    USB tethering is perfectly fine. Verizon doesn't seem to block that at all, and hasn't for a long time on LTE devices.

The only reason the family share plans have hotspot for free is because it's included in their plans.

As for hotspoting now, just be careful. You're technically not supposed to it, and it is in violation of the contract. While I haven't heard of verizon doing anything to people who hotspot without paying. It doesn't mean they won't start.
Search tags for this page

3g hot sesie.com

droid razr hd hot spot
how to activate 3g mobile hotspot on incredible verizon
htc incredible 2 mobile hotspot hack
mobile hotspot for verizon s3 free
verizon mobile hotspot without paying