Mobile Defense vs Wave Secure

cheewee

Reaction score
I like how wavesecure is an active member on this forum.

Thanks J. Dub,
We try our best to engage our users to find out their likes and dislikes. This way we can continue to improve our product offering. We feel the best way to do so is to interact directly with our users. While it is impossible for us to monitor the forums all the time, we always try. :)

Btw, if you haven't already, do join us on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/wavesecure for the latest updates.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

s-one

Reaction score
Hey do these apps add any considerable drainage to the battery? I squeeze juice outta my Droid.

cheewee

Reaction score
Hey do these apps add any considerable drainage to the battery? I squeeze juice outta my Droid.

Hi s-one,
WaveSecure has been tested for CPU/memory/battery usage and battery consumption should be negligible on Android when WaveSecure is in idle.

Check out our blog post when we optimized the app for battery usage in Nov. Do note that it will use more battery when you are doing data backup, etc. though. This is due to the processing and wireless network usage.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

dbronstein

Reaction score
I have the problem with Wavesecure not locking the phone until a reboot, which makes it pretty much useless. Mobile Defense actually locks the phone, so I'm going with that.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like Mobile Defense's layout better than Wave Secure's, but they just lost another customer due to not having a remote wipe feature yet.

A question for Wave Secure. Is it possible to integrate Google Maps when using the tracking feature of your software? This is what Mobile Defense uses and it just seems to work better.

qwopzxnm

Reaction score
I like Mobile Defense's layout better than Wave Secure's, but they just lost another customer due to not having a remote wipe feature yet.

A question for Wave Secure. Is it possible to integrate Google Maps when using the tracking feature of your software? This is what Mobile Defense uses and it just seems to work better.

I know they're still early in the CDMA development but they're saying that this function will be coming to MD very soon. I agree with you though, this is the one feature that I view as indispensable for these types of applications.

s-one

Reaction score

Hi s-one,
WaveSecure has been tested for CPU/memory/battery usage and battery consumption should be negligible on Android when WaveSecure is in idle.

Check out our blog post when we optimized the app for battery usage in Nov. Do note that it will use more battery when you are doing data backup, etc. though. This is due to the processing and wireless network usage.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

Very nice. Very nice indeed. Thank you kindly.

cheewee

Reaction score
I have the problem with Wavesecure not locking the phone until a reboot, which makes it pretty much useless. Mobile Defense actually locks the phone, so I'm going with that.

Hi dbronstein,
WaveSecure doesn't lock the phone unless you choose to manually lock or when it detects a SIM change (for GSM phones). If you like to have it locked everytime, you use the pattern lock present in Android OS.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

dbronstein

Reaction score

Hi dbronstein,
WaveSecure doesn't lock the phone unless you choose to manually lock or when it detects a SIM change (for GSM phones). If you like to have it locked everytime, you use the pattern lock present in Android OS.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

I'm confused. When you log in to the website, there is an option for Lock that says "Click here to remotely lock your phone, you can simply unlock it any time. You can also customize your lock message or make your phone scream!" You're saying this isn't supposed to lock the phone? Then what is it supposed to do?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hi dbronstein,

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

I'm confused. When you log in to the website, there is an option for Lock that says "Click here to remotely lock your phone, you can simply unlock it any time. You can also customize your lock message or make your phone scream!" You're saying this isn't supposed to lock the phone? Then what is it supposed to do?

That's not what they said. They were explaining that their application only locks the phone when you tell it to via their website. If you want the phone to lock on it's own all the time, you have to choose that setting within the Android OS.

J. Dub

Reaction score
I lock tested this and tested the scream as well as backup of files. It all worked seamless.

Only thing that failed to work to my liking (and we all have our own "liking") is the location tracker. I will keep this app. This is great stuff here.

dbronstein

Reaction score
Hi dbronstein,

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

That's not what they said. They were explaining that their application only locks the phone when you tell it to via their website. If you want the phone to lock on it's own all the time, you have to choose that setting within the Android OS.

That's what I'm doing. When I send the lock command from the website, my phone doesn't lock until it's rebooted.

J. Dub

Reaction score

That's what I'm doing. When I send the lock command from the website, my phone doesn't lock until it's rebooted.

Bummer, mine works great. I even pretended to be a theif and take the battery out, enter false codes in to unlock it everything... And it worked great.