Mobile Defense Not Working

kkinderen

Reaction score
Mobile Defense seems to be having problems with Liberty 1.0. I have it installed as a system app and the alert and lock functions seem hobbled.

Does someone happen to know a fix... or I would consider an alternative tool for finding my phone if (when) I lose it.

beefydoc

Reaction score
I too had problems with Mobile Defense working with a lot of custom ROMs, not just Liberty. I switched to Lookout Mobile Security which comes highly recommended from PC World among others. It does everything Mobile Defense does and more. Some of their features are only available with the Premium version which is $30/ yr. But to me that is a small price to pay for the ability to back up into the cloud, remotely track, remotely lock, or remotely wipe the phone. I've had it for about a month and it backs up on the schedule I set, and I am very pleased so far. Essentially I don't have to think of it until I need it.
I just reread my post and it almost sounds like I work for them, I don't. Just happy to find a good security app.

OP
K

kkinderen

Reaction score
Appreciate the suggestion and will give it a shot. I like the sense of security Mobile Defense provided. A few bucks a year would be worth it.