mobile defense help

c_law23

Reaction score
So I've installed mobile defense and have it activated and rebooted my phone. There is now no trace of it on my phone other then in the manage running apps setting. Does it need to be running in there? or if it were ever stolen would my initiating it from my pc kick it on without that running in there?

I ask because the gps symbol is always on now in my notification bar now and I'm afraid its going to drain my battery... help a noob :)

zero7404

Reaction score
So I've installed mobile defense and have it activated and rebooted my phone. There is now no trace of it on my phone other then in the manage running apps setting. Does it need to be running in there? or if it were ever stolen would my initiating it from my pc kick it on without that running in there?

I ask because the gps symbol is always on now in my notification bar now and I'm afraid its going to drain my battery... help a noob :)

it stays hidden on the fone ... my understanding is that you would have to log on the web site and activate the fone to indicate that it was lost ... so that the software can send gps beacons to the network.

i havent tested it yet since i dont want to make a mistake or wipe the fone remotely ...

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

it stays hidden on the fone ... my understanding is that you would have to log on the web site and activate the fone to indicate that it was lost ... so that the software can send gps beacons to the network.

i havent tested it yet since i dont want to make a mistake or wipe the fone remotely ...

It does stay hidden on the phone, though you can find it by Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Menu>Filter>All. That enables you to uninstall the app if you like.

Of course, that also allows a thief who knows what they're doing to uninstall the app, as well. But that's pretty unlikely for a typical thief. If you're really concerned about that possibility, take a look at "Protector." It should allow you to password protect any app on your phone, including Mobile Defense or even "Settings."

And you can test it by going to the website and locate your phone without causing any harm.

zero7404

Reaction score
And you can test it by going to the website and locate your phone without causing any harm.

no, not so ... because you must activate the track feature on the web site in order for the phone to start appearing on the map.

i used to use 'gps tracker' on my blackberry. that application was real time whenever it was running, so when i went online i could follow my phone wherever it's been (wherever i've been too) ...

but gps tracker is not a hidden app and must be running or turned on. i did like how it read out coordinates, elevation, etc of current position, etc ...

it's actually available for android in the market, i'll try it out and see ...

OP
c_law23

c_law23

Reaction score
ok the gps notification finally went off. I actually ran a test run on the mobile defense website and it didn't do anything negative to the phone... it just sent a few messages to the phone and showed up pretty accurately on the site's map.

zero7404

Reaction score
ok the gps notification finally went off. I actually ran a test run on the mobile defense website and it didn't do anything negative to the phone... it just sent a few messages to the phone and showed up pretty accurately on the site's map.

didnt kno u can do a test ... is it a specific option on the site ?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sorry, I may have misled you if you thought I meant you could test the app without downloading it. What I meant was that you can confirm that Mobile Defense is working once you have it on your phone.

zero7404

Reaction score
yea ... wer on the same page .. i didnt kno u could test functionality after its installed until it was time to activate due to loss ....

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thanks for mentioning this app, installed and looks like it will work well if needed.

taktikewl

Reaction score
Have a ?....the I-phone has an app called cell tracker where u just type in any cell phone number and its GPS tracks it....does the droid have anything similar....its kinda creepy but kinda kewl at the same time I think........

OP
c_law23

c_law23

Reaction score

Sorry, I may have misled you if you thought I meant you could test the app without downloading it. What I meant was that you can confirm that Mobile Defense is working once you have it on your phone.

yea ... wer on the same page .. i didnt kno u could test functionality after its installed until it was time to activate due to loss ....

its not actually labeled test, I don't remember exactly what you hit to do it... its pretty much just tracking the phone. I called it a "test" because i wanted to see how it worked and I haven't lost my phone. Sorry for any confusion :)

zero7404

Reaction score
i kno ... i felt as tho tracking the phone online might signify it was stolen or lost and could send a kill order to it ...

wondering, can mobile defense brick the phone upon request ?