Mobile Defense...+ CM Nightly

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by Shadowclock, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Shadowclock

Shadowclock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use this app for security purposes and its a great tool if you ever lose your phone. Problem is i'm running the CM nightlies and it force closes when trying to initiate itself on the initial install. I also tried uninstall/reinstalling it but I can't even find it on the marketplace.

Their website appears to still be up and running...is this a problem with CM nightly alone?

2. phunkyjoey

phunkyjoey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Devs took it off the market to go into closed beta. As long as you have an account you can still use it the. Go to the forums on the site (I think its under support, but I can't remember exactly) and you can download the .apk or a .zip you can use to install it as a system app (so a thief can't uninstall unless they know what they're doing). You have to have an account already setup with them to activate it though, which it sounds like you do.

Sorry I don't have a link, but it sounds like you've got the link to their site.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. phunkyjoey

phunkyjoey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Forgot to add that I've used the zip to install on the nightlies and it does work with no FCs throughtout activation

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. Shadowclock

Shadowclock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm...I reinstalled upon build 15 last week through titanium and got it force closing. I just updated to 21....I'll try an uninstall/reinstall through titanium and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for confirming its at least working for you.

UPDATE: Just wanted to inform this solved it. Uninstall, reinstall, then ran the program again.