Mobile Defense and Wave Secure Not Working with latest SS

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by JP 5.56, May 24, 2011.

  1. JP 5.56

    JP 5.56 Member

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2010
    Messages:
    592
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +10
    Neither app will communicate properly with the respective servers to allow me to use them.

    Mobile Defense returns "unable to determine mobile operator" and tells me to check my SIM card.

    MD Support says to use an older version of SS/cyanogen or another ROM thats been known to work.

    Wave Secure returns a similar message stating "no SIM card detected"

    My VZW droid, of course, does not have a sim card.
     
  2. chewy74

    chewy74 Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2010
    Messages:
    1,352
    Likes Received:
    16
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Ratings:
    +16
    I can confirm this is not working for me also. Mobile defense is what I'm using and I've tried clearing data and restarting and now it won't even allow me to log into the app because it fc every time

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
     
  3. ChevyNo1

    ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2009
    Messages:
    5,354
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    153
    Ratings:
    +5
    I cannot find Mobile Defense on the market to try - I've tried Wave Secure and I see the error - but absolutely NOTHING is written to logcat - making it impossible for me to know what the issue is.
     
  4. chewy74

    chewy74 Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2010
    Messages:
    1,352
    Likes Received:
    16
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Ratings:
    +16
    Pm me your email and I will send you the apk

    ________________________
    You had me at herro
     
  5. JP 5.56

    JP 5.56 Member

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2010
    Messages:
    592
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +10
    It seems they took Mobile Defense app out of production and back into beta.

    It can be found here: mobiledefense.com/beta

    This is what Mobile Defense told me:
     
  6. ChevyNo1

    ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2009
    Messages:
    5,354
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    153
    Ratings:
    +5
    It seems that it's specifically related to 2.3.4, as 2.3.3 (SS 5.2) had no issues - not sure yet where the problem/changes lie ...
     
  7. chewy74

    chewy74 Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2010
    Messages:
    1,352
    Likes Received:
    16
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Ratings:
    +16
    To report, I flashed MIUI 1.5.20 which is 2.3.4 and was able to run mobile defense without issue.



    ________________________
    You had me at herro
     
  8. JP 5.56

    JP 5.56 Member

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2010
    Messages:
    592
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for looking at it. Its not a huge deal for me but I figured you'd like to know what was going on, as I couldn't see any indication anyone else had brought it to attention.
     
  9. EAK

    EAK Member

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2009
    Messages:
    166
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +1
    It didn't work for me the first couple of times, but 3rd time was the charm. I successfully locked down and then unlocked my phone through wavesecure site. Took a while for it to actually do it, don't remember if it was this slow before, haven't had need to do this for over a year.
     
  10. nightwo|f

    nightwo|f Member

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2010
    Messages:
    47
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use WaveSecure it and appears to be working without a problem for me.
     
  11. Lloyds

    Lloyds Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2010
    Messages:
    34
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same problem for me using Mobile Defense. Support said:

    I checked your account, and it looks like the operator number and subscriber ID values are not being sent to our server correctly; both are coming across blank. The lack of operator number is causing the issue here. I see that these values were both populated correctly when Mobile Defense was installed on prior dates.
     
  12. metalspring

    metalspring Silver Member

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2011
    Messages:
    2,228
    Likes Received:
    24
    Trophy Points:
    103
    Location:
    hermitage, pa
    Ratings:
    +24
    Someone said they had some issues on other apps because of the rom listed the carrier differently...on the changelog on the brand new 5.4 he said he fixed it, so try 5.4 to see if the issue is still present

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
     
  13. Lloyds

    Lloyds Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2010
    Messages:
    34
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0
    I installed 5.4 over 5.3 and the problem continues with Mobile Defense.
     
  14. metalspring

    metalspring Silver Member

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2011
    Messages:
    2,228
    Likes Received:
    24
    Trophy Points:
    103
    Location:
    hermitage, pa
    Ratings:
    +24
    Could just be a gingerbread 2.3.4 issue then

    Edit: my bad, apparently that's already been said lol

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
     
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
Search tags for this page

mobile defense server error