Mobil Hotspot stopped working

mmayo22

Reaction score
I arbitrarily set back the date two months under Date and Time in Settings, and indeed, the mobile hotspot works again, after having the icon blink and not be able to open previously.

commuterbox

Reaction score
Same problem here but I recently talked to tech support and I was told it should get fixed tomorrow according to them and I hoping so as I told the tech guy that they should extend the mobile hotspot for the inconvenience and the tech guy noted it.

sl58k

Reaction score
just rollback manually the date before May 31 and the hotspot will be working again

gsdreams

Reaction score
Just for everyones knowledge not only is this a "Known Issue" with an Alert out, it has been resolved by Samsung and Verizon is currently in the process of testing the patch.

I know when I left work yesterday the plan was to roll out the patch within the next 72 hours.

OP
R

ralphyost

Reaction score
Day 5

Well its Day 5 since the trouble began. Still not fixed.
R.

pappism

Reaction score
ditto, still not fixed, but thank you very to the user who posted the Y2K hack of changing the calendar on the phone. This temporary fix is definitely working.

OP
R

ralphyost

Reaction score
Day 8 still not fixed

Well its now 8 days since I first reported this problem and started this thread.
Its still not working.

If they had put as much testing into their software patch issued the night of 6/1 as they are doing now to fix it, this wouldnt have happened.

R.

Impossiblemyazz

Reaction score
I haven't tried in a while but on my LG Optimus i push wifi and my 3G turns off so i can't turn it on. I have sprint by the way if it makes a difference.

Sent from my LS670 using DroidForums

OP
R

ralphyost

Reaction score
Fixed !

Just received a system update. Mobile Hotspot is now fixed.
R.

phoneuserguy

Reaction score
Same old problems. I can remember way back when the Razor came out, tons of people were having to take their phones back. Every phone they dream up has issues with it. Mine will be going back also. Hotspot is a waste of time. Good luck all.

phoneuserguy

Reaction score
Can you say j..u..n..k.

I've literally spent hours with level 2 tech support and nobody there knows jack. And yes, I've checked to see if I have the latest upgrade, v.EE4. Still no hotspot.