MMS, SMS Issue

live2ride090

Reaction score
Hello,

Just got my Rezound a few days ago, awesome phone. One problem I am having is some of my contacts names do not come up on the text message screen, it just shows there phone number. This is only for a few contacts in my phone, most of them it shows there name. Anyone know how to just make it show there name and not there number? I have tried editing the contact to make it match another contacts that seem to be coming up correctly but no go. Any ideas, please let me know. Thank you.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen this problem with Sense or Go SMS. Try another messaging app(Go SMS, handcent, etc...) just to see if the problem carries through. If it does, there's a problem with your contact.

Edit: Oh and edit your contacts on a PC/Laptop in Gmail. Not directly on the phone.

OP
L

live2ride090

Reaction score
I haven't seen this problem with Sense or Go SMS. Try another messaging app(Go SMS, handcent, etc...) just to see if the problem carries through. If it does, there's a problem with your contact.

Edit: Oh and edit your contacts on a PC/Laptop in Gmail. Not directly on the phone.

Thank you, I downloaded a SMS from the market and it works now. Kind of wierd I could not edit the contact to make it work but its all good now.

FatB012012

Reaction score
Also if anyone is experiencing that problem, I just had that problem, I have just now got off the phone with Verizon Wireless Customer Support, and the lady that sometimes if you are experiencing that problem, what you do is pull out the battery and sim card out of the phone and then put it back it. It totally solved my problem