MMS Problem

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by chuckoneil, Mar 27, 2011.

1. chuckoneil

chuckoneil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, it seems that i have a problems with handcent downloading picture messages i receive. I locked it in memory but am not sure if that caused the problem or had no affect, its unlocked currently.

EX) Recieve message, check the mms, says Message Size: 24kb, and downloading under but it never downloads..

running: Project Elite GB v5.02 Theme: Honeycomb, App: Handcent and Regular messaging app.

2. armopride07

armopride07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    worst comes to worst, try wiping. don't know how that'll help but that usually solves some of my issues. or try a different texting app. Go SMS is a great one.

3. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Is it for every picture message or just one? Try uninstalling handcent first, and also try receiving the mms from the regular messaging app.

Also if you haven't already, its imperative you put the stock messaging app in the memory as well.

4. suaveydavey

suaveydavey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not hijacking, same thing happening to mine. Verizon, PE gb v5.0.2
    Handcent 3.8.1 and android.mms locked into memory.
    Know that mms message was sent from another Verizon phone to mine- never even got it. Another time, I received it but like OP, never went farther than downloading.
    Sure would like to know why this is happening. Couple this with the wonky camera, and I wonder if I should try the 4.x version of PE.

5. chuckoneil

chuckoneil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, yeah ill try the uninstalling, does that wipe all your texts? Also i didn't put the stock in memory that might be why..Also like the poster above the camera is soo glitchy and annoying.

6. suaveydavey

suaveydavey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Even with Titanium, doing a full wipe and restore on 183 app elements is a pain. So before going to that extreme, I did what X25064 suggested. I always had Handcent locked in memory, but not the black sheep stock android mms. I guess my thinking was, I can't get my Handcent messages so I'll lock that one, not even thinking of the importance of the ACTUAL app that does the grunt work.

The end result, this am I got an mms message with no problem! So thanks, X25064!

7. Total caveman

Total caveman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    New thunderbolt way too fancy for me cannot getMMS photos to download. People say reset hancent What is that and how to do it?

8. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    i have tested this with a few other users and unfortunately we came to conclusion of uninstalling handcent. this issue is fixed now so in final should not be an issue. sorry. working on the new final as much as possible. had alot going on with switching jobs and being away for past few days so we continue to try and get this done as fast as possible.

9. Tio Gardi

Tio Gardi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No need to get it out as fast as possible. I'd rather you guys take your time and get it perfect ;) . Thanks

Search tags for this page
android will not download 24kb picture messages
cannot download mms verizon

handcent mms shows downloading but never does

verizon mms message problems droid 4