MMS not working, and phone VERY slow!

awwpickle

Reaction score
I recently moved and my phone got super slower! It will take over a minute for me to be able to call someone because the phone freezes up. I can't send picture messages and if for some reason one does go through it takes 30 min. When I get a picture it keeps showing a button that says download and I will click it and it will think... then show the button again. My text messages even have to think for awhile before they send!

I tried doing a battery pull, I tried *228 and updating my roaming, I even called *228 and tried to reprogram it.... Any idea's on whats going on with my phone?!?!

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recently moved and my phone got super slower! It will take over a minute for me to be able to call someone because the phone freezes up. I can't send picture messages and if for some reason one does go through it takes 30 min. When I get a picture it keeps showing a button that says download and I will click it and it will think... then show the button again. My text messages even have to think for awhile before they send!

I tried doing a battery pull, I tried *228 and updating my roaming, I even called *228 and tried to reprogram it.... Any idea's on whats going on with my phone?!?!
Rooted or not?
If not, I would suggest a factory reset. If you are rooted, I would suggest wiping and a fresh install.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Rooted or not?
If not, I would suggest a factory reset. If you are rooted, I would suggest wiping and a fresh install.

+1, that's going to be the only way to clean up your Droid. What you should do is some preventative maintenance as well. Download a cache cleaner and clean your apps cache on a regular basis would be helpful. Also is you are running a task killer or any virus protection get rid of it. That alone may fix it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quick question..... How do I know if its rooted or not?

You would know if you were rooted, you would have to do it yourself. Anyway even if you were rooted you still could do the factory data reset out of your privacy section and get the same results.

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
If I do a factory reset will I lose all my contacts and pictures and
messages?

Hypermentality

Reaction score
If I do a factory reset will I lose all my contacts and pictures and
messages?
No, all your media items are stored on your media card... quick way to check is to remove your card and go into gallery... your contacts should be backed up on gmail or google... and will be restored once you re-activate your phone(after the wipe) you will need to register your gmail/google email in order to activate your phone which in return will automatically re-download all your contacts... hope this helps..

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
after doing the factory reset make sure you do not installed any task killers that aggressively kill apps and MOST importantly NO ANTI VIRUS applications should be installed.

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
It may also help to know that I did the manual update to 2.2 .... and things started slowing down about a week... maybe less after downloading it. Could this be a reason why? Should I take it off, and if so... How??