MMS not Slideshow

izzy35

Reaction score
When I send or recieve MMS, it automatically changes it to a "slideshow" even when there's only 1 photo. Is there a way to change this so that it just shows as a JPG??

kmo

Reaction score
Don't think you can change this in the stock app, try using Handcent from the Marketplace... that's what I'm using with no problem seeing jpeg's not a slideshow.

Tess2693

Reaction score
Can't find Handsent in marketplace

Tried a search & it keeps showing me SMS Androapps & the ratings for that one are bad

Got it - Had to add SMS to it. Already downloaded it & my slideshows are now regular pics. Thanks.

Last edited:

troglodyte

Reaction score
I installed Handcent and my mms pix are still slideshows, even with only 1 picture.

troglodyte

Reaction score
A friend has the same version of Android as I but on a Droid, (I have Droid 2) his MMS doesn't have the slide show and shows pix inline with messages. My Build is "VZW" his build is "FRG22D"

troglodyte

Reaction score
It may not cause a problem, but for me, it destroys the fun of Pix-ing if I only get to see the picture for 5 secods or I have to save the picture, then navigate to it to view it. :(

troglodyte

Reaction score
Ok so I still wish I could turn off the slideshow, but I understand it now.

I did some tests, it seems that a picture can be converted to a slideshow if there is text in the message area. Having a subject line does not affect it. This was the case when the image was sent from e-mail. When I txt myself from a mms phone, having text in the message area does cause the slideshow conversion.

Additionally, if there is no text in the message area, but it was sent from e-mail or a message app set to HTML or Rich Text format, the picture will be converted to a slideshow. Probably due to unseen code in the message area.

FJF6454

Reaction score
I found the reason of MMS slideshow and was able to recreate it multiple times.

Using iPhone 4 I created message with photo in this order:
1. Typed text
2. Inserted picture (regardless from photo gallery or take it while crating a message)
3. Press Send.

The message comes as slide show.

If I create message with photo in this order:
1. Inserted picture (regardless from photo gallery or take it while crating a message)
2. Typed text
3. Press Send.

The message comes as image with text below.

I don't know if this is intentional or not. I asked my wife to remember to attach image first, then type text.

Hope that helps.