MMS not sending

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by zfreak, Aug 18, 2010.

1. zfreak

zfreak New Member

I'm not sure how long it has been going on, but using 4.7 I'm unable to send picture messages. Anyone else having similar issue?
  2. Fleury14

Fleury14 New Member

Same problem here...little help?
  3. stewart1champ

stewart1champ Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Not sure if it has anything to do with the issue or not, but while themeing the mms.apk, his res/drawable hdpi had the label v-4 or something at the end of it... For the folder name...
  4. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I just sent myself a picture message - was received no issues - does that also fail for you?
  5. Tornado Rex

Tornado Rex New Member

I just sent one also that worked fine. From Verizon to AT&T if that matters. I'll try sending Verizon to Verizon, see if that's still all good.

Edit: Verizon to Verizon worked too.
  6. Fleury14

Fleury14 New Member

Just that. its very strange.
  7. zfreak

zfreak New Member

I can't send picture message to myself either. I tried sending one to a made up number not in my contacts and it gets stuck "sending....." forever as well. I may try wiping or reverting back to a much older Rom to try and narrow down the cause. Sending picture messages is a feature I never really use so I'm not sure how long it has been around. It may have been this way since 2.01 as far as I know.
  8. Fleury14

Fleury14 New Member

I finally figured out its because I deleted the stock messenger. Restore that and everything is coodela
  9. HeadKase

HeadKase New Member

Every time I delete the stock messenger I can't send MMS either, and I use Handcent... so I just disable all settings in the stock messenger including notifications (as to not get double notifications)
  10. godfish

godfish New Member

Hope this helps but every time I have this issue when I done do a wipe and fresh install of everything. On 4.7SS I tried to just install over 4.6SS but it did the same thing your getting would act like it's sending but would just sit there saying sending. So I went back and wiped 3 times and cleared the chash 3 times and then did the 4.7SS update again and after installing all my apps and settings by hand, I had my MMS back. And so far everything is working out well..
  11. zfreak

zfreak New Member

Thanks Godfish, I wiped 3 times. Installed 4.7 without doing rstapps to get my apps and settings back. Not only does it work properly now, it is noticably faster. Strange bug, but it's history now.
  12. jrhampton

jrhampton New Member

I've been unable to send MMS since I first changed from the stock ROM. I'm with Cellular South. Whenever I try to put the APN values in manually, it disappears from the list after I change MCC and MNC values. I've tried multiple different ways and different ROMs and still been unable to get it to work. I've also tried copying the apn file and then pushing it to the etc folder through terminal. Even renamed the current apn config file to .bak and then renaming my CS apn to be the only one there. It never shows up in the list and always disappears when I enter MCC and MNC values and still has yet to work. And as of yet unable to find anyone with CS that has been able to overcome this obstacle. I just recently switched to SS 4.8 2 days ago and I'm liking it and would rather use it than going back to stock just to send MMS. Help?
  13. adamwhitehead

adamwhitehead New Member

I had the same problem, and I'm running liberty 2.0.1 I just rebooted and it worked fine... and sorry if this is an old thread but Google pointed me here and I just wanted to try to help with people who Google to find answers lol
Search tags for this page

cant send mms on ntelos

how to.send picture message using droid 4
mms pictures not sending verizon
mms settings for droid bionic flashed to ntelos
ntelos apn
ntelos galaxy s4 mms forum
ntelos messenger 2.3.7
ntelos mms apk
ntelos mms apn
ntelos mms apn settings

ntelos mms settings