MMS issue

LTLFTCer

Reaction score
Can't send video. Just says the file is too big, no matter the length of the video. Not sure if I can send pictures, I didn't try. I am rooted, use handcent, but it doesn't work with stock messaging either. Am I missing a setting somewhere? I have it set for auto MMS size.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Make sure you are not trying to send HD video content. MMS will not allow you to send an HD recoded filesize as they are quite large even if they are only a couple of minutes long.

Open the Camcorder...click the Menu button and go to Settings...make sure you are set at either VGA or lower settings such as QVGA and you should be able to shoot clips that will attach via MMS.

ToddClark

Reaction score
Original MotoDroid, no rom, completely stock, updated to 2.2.1.

Let me preface this by saying i get this problem on Handcent as well as the stock "messaging" on the phone.

Everything on the phone works perfectly except that while texting, when someone sends a MMS (picture), the text comes in with the file size and a download button. I tap the download button, it SAYS its downloading, but nothing comes in. Ive searched all the settings and have found nothing that would prevent a MMS from coming in.

Any suggestions or ideas as to whats going on? This is my wife's phone, and shes JUST now telling me its been this way as long as she's had the phone (which is several months now). Obviously she doesnt text very often or recieve MMS's, but when she does get one, it would be nice for it to work properly.

ToddClark

Reaction score
nevermind. i decided to just delete the Handcent app, and re-install it. Whattaya know, after i did that, it started working, go figure.