MMS From Unknown Number Broke Handcent

nathank

Reaction score
Today, randomly I got an MMS from an unknown number. I clicked view MMS and Handcent SMS launched to a white screen, then it went to the inbox. Now the icon shows 1 unread message that doesn't exist. I turned the phone on and off, reinstalled handcent, I did everything short of a hard reset, which I am not willing to do at this point.
Has anyone had this issue or know of a fix. And I never found that MMS. Its not in any SMS/MMS inbox. It is nowhere to be found!

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
Today, randomly I got an MMS from an unknown number. I clicked view MMS and Handcent SMS launched to a white screen, then it went to the inbox. Now the icon shows 1 unread message that doesn't exist. I turned the phone on and off, reinstalled handcent, I did everything short of a hard reset, which I am not willing to do at this point.
Has anyone had this issue or know of a fix. And I never found that MMS. Its not in any SMS/MMS inbox. It is nowhere to be found!

I didn't get an MMS like that yesterday, but my Handcent DID break yesterday.. out of the blue.. I was thinking of trying out chompsms anyway (I've been using handcent for about 6 months on Droid and now Droid X).. so I just uninstalled and Chompsms works just fine...

..strange

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score

Did you try going into the native messaging app to see if you could see it in there?