1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

MMS does not send picture messages

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jdhochma, May 10, 2010.

1. jdhochma

jdhochma New Member

Hey,
    Semi-noob here. I've clearly been able to root my phone and install the most recent BB, however, I have encountered a problem. As my post states, I cannot sent picture messages. I can send normal sms messages and receive picture messages but cannot send them. I thought this issue was addressed somewhere but was unable to find it. I notice this problem in the Cyanogen Roms as well. Does anyone know of a fix for this problem? If so, your help would be greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance.
  2. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Just replace it with the original MMS app that does not have all the features of the new one and it will work perfect :)
  3. jdhochma

jdhochma New Member

Does some one have it or could they PM so that I could put in on my droid...thanks in advance.
  4. jdhochma

jdhochma New Member

Does anyone have the file???? I tried to pull one from a ROM dump but it would just delete the app from my app drawer and read 0.0 on the application manager. I couldn't be the only one having this problem? :icon_eek:
  5. truckrod

truckrod New Member

Just a note if u have handcent and have removed your stock mms off your phone with term emulator then that is the reason for the proplem your havin I found the same thing I had to reinstall the rom n not rmmms . Leave both just set all your notafactions to the mms u use the most n it will work fine.
  6. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

Did you put the file in /system/app?
  7. jdhochma

jdhochma New Member

Yes...i used root explorer and followed all the directions and changed the permissions.
  8. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you mine, which has been zipaligned already and I can confirm does work (with video, too) on BB V1.0.

A point of clarification -- I use Handcent, but you need a working version of the stock MMS app in /system/app for Handcent to be able to send video and pics.
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
  9. jdhochma

jdhochma New Member

I figured out the problem, or at least i got it resolved. I wiped data and cache and started from scratch. I've switched between a few different roms and it appears the problem is solved. I think it had something to do with sprite backup/restore though. I didn't use that this time and started anew. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.
Search tags for this page

evo 3d wont send pictures

evo3d flashed to boost wont send picture msg

flashed to boost and wont send text pictures

htc evo 3d wont send pics after flashed

htc evo wont send or receive pictures

mms message won't receive evo

my clear tall flashed phone won't send picture messaging

my evo wont send pic mail, what can i do?

my flashed evo wont send pics

not able to send mms cyanogen

problem sending picture messages evo shift

why will my htc evo phone not send pictures

why wont my flashed htc evo 3d cant receive pictures

why wont my htc evo 3d down load or send mms it was flashed

why wont my htc evo 3d send pictures