MMS delivery problems MAXX

mavro311

Reaction score
Recently moved from a 4G area to a 3g and my coverage has been fair at best. I am able to receive MMS' but sending them has been a different story. Takes 2-3 fails before it'll finally send.

thnx for your help guys

Trash Can

Reaction score
I think it's more of a network thing that anything else. I've had this issue on every VZW phone I've owned, dumb phones included. It never happened with the iPhone on AT&T, but it's a nuisance that I've come to accept in exchange for overall better coverage and service.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Trash Can said:
I think it's more of a network thing that anything else. I've had this issue on every VZW phone I've owned, dumb phones included. It never happened with the iPhone on AT&T, but it's a nuisance that I've come to accept in exchange for overall better coverage and service.

Agreed. I've been having this issue for a little while, but I reseated my sim, and it has alleviated itself. Its not a guarantee, but it may help if you care to try it.

Power off, remove sim, power on.
Power off, reinsert sim, power on. Done.

Hope this helps?

SMS is supposed to be directly associated with tower connection.... what's your signal strength?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You need to have a 3g or 4g signal to send or receive mms. You only need a phone signal for sms. It could be that you get them fairly easy because they actually downloaded when you happened to have a decent signal but not receiving them so well because you have a weak 3g/4g signal. It could also be because it is a large file. Just a thought. If it is not sending when you have a strong signal, then that I don't know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
M

mavro311

Reaction score
Just found out my wife is having the same problem in our house and she had an iPhone 4. There is a strong 3g signal around our house, just not too powerful inside of it. Thanks for your help guys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
mavro311 said:
Just found out my wife is having the same problem in our house and she had an iPhone 4. There is a strong 3g signal around our house, just not too powerful inside of it. Thanks for your help guys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

My house too... I live in the middle of nowhere but have a strong 3g signal outside and usually a weak one inside. If I'm sending an mms from home, my neighbors probably think I am hailing the Gods with my phone the way I walk around trying to capture that strong signal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Trash Can

Reaction score
Agreed. I've been having this issue for a little while, but I reseated my sim, and it has alleviated itself. Its not a guarantee, but it may help if you care to try it.

I'm 99.9% certain it's not a sim card problem. As I mentioned before, this has been happening since I've been with Verizon. Maxx, OG Razr, Droid X, BlackBerry, dumb phones, etc. All of my wife's phones over the years had the same thing too.

You need to have a 3g or 4g signal to send or receive mms. You only need a phone signal for sms. It could be that you get them fairly easy because they actually downloaded when you happened to have a decent signal but not receiving them so well because you have a weak 3g/4g signal. It could also be because it is a large file. Just a thought. If it is not sending when you have a strong signal, then that I don't know.

Yes, I know. I've had problems sending when I've had full bars 3G or 4G. And given that it's been something that I've experienced with a variety of phones in many different locations, I believe it's network related. But who knows?? It doesn't happen all the time, just often enough to cause you to take notice. Like I said, it's a nuisance that I've grown accustomed to.