1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[MM Theme] Its here, HexFusion for CyanogenMod

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by paulmiller_19, Mar 8, 2010.

1. paulmiller_19

paulmiller_19 New Member

Update 3/21: HexFusion_CyanogenMod_v3.0
    removed font (if you want the font, use a previous version and only apply Final_Frontier.cpy)
    Subtle changes to framework-res and power control widget to be a little more cyanogen flavorful
    The services.jar (Clock, date, network color) is from cyanogenmod_v5.0.4.3, this should work on any 5.0.4.x version but it has not been tested, use at your own risk!
    Also added version withOUT icons, so if you like hexfusion but not the icons you can use the hexfusion_v3.0_no_icons.zip
    HexFusion_v3.0: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ubkqm2mdgtm/HexFusion_CyanogenMod_v3.0.zip
    HexFuison_v3.0_no_icons: http://www.mediafire.com/file/yuqylml52iy/HexFusion_CyanogenMod_v3.0_no_icons.zip

Updated 3/15: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zhi0mmigie3/HexFusion_CyanogenMod_v2.0.zip
    launcher2 now themed

Updated 3/12 new version (for v5.0.4.x only!!!): http://www.mediafire.com/file/ujzazhgowtz/HexFusion_CyanogenMod_v1.9.zip
    new battery
    fixed (added) some of those elusive wallpapers that seemed to disappear with v5.0.4.x

This has only been tested on Koush's 2.1 (ESE53) cyanogenmod v1.0.2

THIS WILL ONLY WORK WITH CYANOGENMOD, NOTHING ELSE!!!
    if you are on another 2.1 (ERE25 or ESE53) see here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/27882-mm-theme-hexfusion-2-1-ere25.html

Well, there are many themes out now and personally i like different parts of each one, so i made HexFusion. This theme combines DROIDHEX (credit to johnnybueno), High Res Blue (credit to mjones1052), and SmokedGlass (credit to AdamZ), and a few credits to me: cleaner power control widget, statusbar shade that gets lighter or darker as you slide it, custom font, and porting this to cyanogenmod. This has only been tested with koush's cyanogenmod v1.0.2 so DO NOT try this on any other rom (services.jar and framework xml's have been edited and are not compatible with other roms, trust me i have tried) and as you all have heard many time before: "use at your own risk, I am not responsible for any shiny bricks."

This will change your clock and notifications to white

If you want your original font back - google it, there are many threads

I am not a dev, so no crazy requests I just put this theme together and really liked it so i thought i would share

Let me know of any other "Fusions" you would like to see.

In order for Maps, Facebook, googlevoice, to apply these must be in /system/app/ !!!!!!!!!!
    If you downloaded these from the market (or installed from sdcard such as WifiTether) you must busybox cp them to /sdcard/ rename to Maps.apk, Facebook.apk, googlevoice.apk, (this IS case sensitive), uninstall the applications using market or an app manager, then busybox cp the apk's to /system/app/

Directions:
    1. download HexFusion_CyanogenMod.zip and place in /sdcard/AndroidThemes/

2. Apply this theme using MM, when it asks you to reboot, tap "yes"

3. all done :) enjoy

Update 3/9: Battery icons fixed

Theme: http://www.mediafire.com/file/uqydtmnnvyo/HexFusion_CyanogenMod.zip

Icons (NOT a MM theme, just separate icons): http://www.mediafire.com/file/uagygmtgjjm/HexBlueIcons21.zip

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  2. JRFogarty

JRFogarty New Member

Thanks for converting this over!
  3. alienware777

alienware777 New Member

When I try typing " busybox cp /system/framework/framework-res.apk /sdcard/ " It says cp: can't create '/sdcard/framework-res.apk': Read-only file system . What am I doing wrong?
  4. paulmiller_19

paulmiller_19 New Member

Thats because your sdcard is either 1. mounted on your pc or 2. you forgot to press "turn off usb storage" on your droid :)
  5. alienware777

alienware777 New Member

That was my first guess, however it wasn't mounted... However, I rebooted and it worked perfectly. Maybe it got confused and thought it was mounted when it wasn't. Thanks.

Edit: Wow... I think I'm in love with this text. Thanks Paul!
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  6. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Didn't mount the system for write access first

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

then run the command.
  7. alienware777

alienware777 New Member

I did though that's the thing. Anyways, a reboot fixed it. Has anyone else noticed that you can't access the market? It starts to open, then closes.
  8. alienware777

alienware777 New Member

One thing Paul--the battery meter. Cyanogens already had font on it, and so the battery has the original, and yours on it. This makes it very hard to read how much is left. Could you change that? Thanks
  9. BullDroid

BullDroid New Member

Wait so this can't be done using Terminal Emulator from the phone? I am at work and dont have adb and also have never tried it at home. i am familiar with using terminal emulator though.

Also why do you feel its necessary till kill all running apps with a task killer before doing this. I dont use any kind of task killer as the OS does a pretty good job itself of freeing up memory if i need it.

Im asking these questions becuase I am about to flash Koush's ROM and would love to apply this theme. Also since im flashing I will be wiping data so I wont even have the apps that you said need to be moved. So should I re downloaded them first then move them or what??
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  10. alienware777

alienware777 New Member

This can be done on the phone itself. I can't think of the exact commands though, so I'm no help.
  11. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

The commands are the same on terminal. Just don't do the adb shell part.
  12. BullDroid

BullDroid New Member

it's the same command im pretty sure. Also still a little confused about why he says to move some apps to /system. Especially google voice? i dunno what you could have themed for it since it doesnt have a widget??

Ok attempting this now. However im not worrying about the whole moving Maps, Facebook, etc. over i already have a themed Pandora and Facebook I plan on using and a themed Maps and google voice doesnt really appeal to me all that much anyways.
  13. BullDroid

BullDroid New Member

Well like someone posted earlier there are 2 texts overlapping on the battery in the notification bar so it does make it hard to read. not a very big deal to me. However I would like to say THANK YOU to the OP for posting this up with a how to! I wanted to go back to Koush's ROM just didn't like the stock theme, but now that I have this there is no going back! I also didn't have to move my facebook app it was already where it needed to be because my widget is themed :). And I got one weird force close typing in the last command in Terminal Emulator, as soon as I hit the enter button it popped up (chinese letters) has stopped working unexpectdly and needs to close. So i hit close and then typed in reboot and bam worked great! not sure what the whole force close was about though!

*EDIT* Might have sang my praises too early. Google voice is failing to send messages every time i try :( cant find where to uninstall it and reinstall it? I have no option to do so in manage applications. What gives?

*EDIT AGAIN* ok I dunno what happened but I just sent a message and it worked. before it was telling me "failed" every time. all is good for now!
  14. alienware777

alienware777 New Member

Guys, the OP got a little messed up. You don't need to move ANYTHING. He said move them if you installed from market. I installed them from the market, but every was changed. And works perfectly.

Bulldog, did you try voice before you put this theme on? If you didn't wipe your data before switching to Cyanogenmod you're gonna have some problems. For me, the market wouldn't open. Only way to fix it if you didn't wipe, is to wipe it all now, then install cyanogen again.
  15. jr313

jr313 New Member

Does anyone have the commands to push this through terminal emulator? i would greatly appreciate it if u could help...thanks! nevermind i read farther into the post my bad...
  16. paulmiller_19

paulmiller_19 New Member

working on it :)
  17. paulmiller_19

paulmiller_19 New Member

Yes you can use terminal emulator, same commands (except adb shell), i prefer adb shell because after pushing framework-res back to /system/framework sometimes the phone freezes and you can't get a clean reboot

from personal experience MM runs smoother whena all running apps are killed. when MM changes a /system/app/ xml of a running app sometimes it causes problems. but you're right not required

those apps that i said need to be in /system/app/, that is just required to change the system icon (and widget for Facebook), the PATH for this MM theme is /system/app (except framework-res) thats why i say "If you want these apps themed blah blah, if there not in /system/app you will be fine, the theme (icons) just won't apply to those particular apps
  18. paulmiller_19

paulmiller_19 New Member

yes you're right, the only thing themed with maps and googlevoice is the icon, facebook must be in /system/app to change the widget though. i'll post the icons separately to use with bettercut (or something) if you like :)
  19. paulmiller_19

paulmiller_19 New Member

I agree now that i got a theme working for cyanogen i'm probably not going back to anything else, this rom is just far more advanced than anything else. i'll fix the battery text in a sec, also if you're having probs with googlevoice, it has absolutely nothing to do with installing this theme, the only possible thing this theme could change with googlevoice is the icon only.
  20. paulmiller_19

paulmiller_19 New Member

To everyone,
    Apps downloaded from market or installed from sdcard are stored in /data/app. this MM theme will only theme files in /system (except framework-res for 2.1) that is the reason i say move them to /system/app (if they are not already there) so it can be themed. this cyanogenmod seems to already have everything in /system/app so this is not a problem. i originally made this theme for other Roms which automatically did not have some of these apps and required you to download for the market which stored them in /data/app and therefore were not able to be themed.
Search tags for this page
battery for datenetwork apk
cyanogen
cyanogen mod wallpaper
cyanogen sholes themes

cyanogen wallpaper

cyanogen.png
cyanogenmod
cyanogenmod background
cyanogenmod girls
cyanogenmod theme

cyanogenmod wallpaper