[MM Theme] "Complete Desire" & "Ghostly Desire"

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Where'sMyCoffe?, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Where'sMyCoffe?

Where'sMyCoffe? Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [MM Theme] "Complete Desire" & "Ghostly Desire" with Beautiful Widgets 2.36 skin!

Hello all!

A few, very few, of you know that I've been working on a Sense UI theme for about 4 days now. I just wanted to create a sense ui launcher bar to make it look more accurate! Well, here it is for you all to enjoy!

First off... please know that Matt (x @ AllDroid) is the reason why I took interest in this theme. I installed his wonderful theme, but due to my slight OCD... I wanted the launcher to look more real and accurate, so I took it to myself to make it as accurate as possible to the real thing. So thanks to Matt!

These themes are for 2.0 and 2.01!

"Complete Desire"

Here is the first theme "Complete Desire". It comes with a complete Desire accurate look alike launcher, little changes for the lock screen (for the sense droid lock theme), and some minor additions... oh almost forgot! I also included a clock change for Beautiful Widgets 2.36! The flip clock didn't look close to the real thing, the Weather Widgets app does, but the animations, and weather UI is behind BW 2.36's. Instructions for installing all themes, are below all the theme showcases!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

See? It looks like HTC designed this themselves... *cough cough*...

"Ghostly Desire"

Second theme came to thought by looking at the HTC Tattoo and seeing the transparency... and I haven't seen a Sense UI theme with transparency like so. So here is "Ghostly Desire"... for you all who like to have that "glass bliss" feel. :)

[​IMG] *

Me personally? I'm really torn on which one to apply... lol... CD, or GD...?

Here is my set up...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

*Phone button does not work of course. The button on the right doesn't work neither. These are left non-functional until someone codes imagemaps for the launcher bar... similar to how Matt (x over @ alldroid) did it for the 2.1 HTC like launcher. Matt, if you are reading this, and you can code it so the buttons are appropriately mapped, please get at me! :) But just like on the real HTC Sense UI devices, the left button when pressed, brings up the app drawer... that is exactly how these themes are designed to look.

*Notice there isn't a slider object... why? Well because at the moment, there isn't a way to code the Launcher to do so. Once someone does, best believe I will put it in the design.

Instructions for install!

0. Install Metamorph from the Android Market.
    1. Are you rooted? Want to? If so... I highly suggest DroidMod...
    2. Make sure you are rooted, I believe Metamorph demands it.
    3. Download either Matt's "xHero Theme", Benny's "NexTheme", or download globe's "Desire Theme".
    4. Which do I prefer/used? I installed Matt's first, then I installed the lock screen, and a few icons from globe's theme.
    5. Install your theme of choice.
    6. Download my "Complete Desire", "Ghostly Desire" or both and install after installing the themes above. :)
    7. Know that you do not have to download the other user's themes, but if you want more of the look, I suggest so.
    8. Done!

Instructions to install white font for status bar!

1. If you want white text for the status bar, which looks appropriate for the black status bar, then go here to download the awesome SkaggzColor font color theme for Metamorph...

Installing the Beautiful Widgets 2.36 skin! REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS!!!!

0. Know that the awesome developers of Beautiful Widgets "LevelUpStudios" got hit with a C&D from HTC because of the likeliness of the widget to the real thing. Thus, it is now defunct, and the developers changed up some things and continued on to live version 2.8x now. I have BW 2.36 on my droid because I like it better, but it has no skinning functions, which the newer versions have. I was messing around with Metamorph and found out that I can edit any and every applications design via Metamorph, of course including apps from the market. The exchange? You need to buy a application called "Root Explorer" which everyone says is a "must have" for root users, from the Android Market. Its a great app, but if anyone know of any free similar functioning apps, please let everyone else know. I will not post any links, or files that will take you to, or download Beautiful Widgets 2.36... because I follow rules... and I'm a bad friend... but I hear Google is your friend... :)

1. Moving on, so you've got your Droid rooted, you got your hands on BW 2.36 (because you already had it right? eh... I got my eye on you...), and Root Explorer... great... continue...
    2. Open up Root Explorer.
    3. Once in Root Explorer, you should navigate to data/app and copy the Beautiful Widgets app "com.levelup.beautifulwidgets" and copy and paste (hold down on app, select "Copy") it to your system/app folder, and rename it to "beautifulwidgets.apk" without the quotes.
    4. Make sure it is spelled correctly.
    5. Make sure you did not DELETE the original .apk file.
    6. Open up Metamorph and go to one of my themes, and install the beautifulwidgets.apk option.
    7. Drag the widget Beautiful Widget Home to your screen, and enjoy the HTC look of the clock. :)

Extra:

A little bit about me: 21 year old CIS Major... record producer/CGI designer/coder... BLEACH fan, Jacob candidate... and part time ninja...

I hope you all like these two themes! If you want other colors for the buttons, let me know! I didn't show you the button color niceness and such! You gotta see for yourself! :)

Oh yah... I'm gonna start designing for Android really soon! :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice work.

How do you get some of the icons to look see through? I figured out how to add transparency through Gimp, but I can't figure out how to make the image partially see through.

-Mike

3. Where'sMyCoffe?

Where'sMyCoffe? Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a bunch.

You mean the launcher at the bottom I designed? The opacity value of it? I used Photoshop CS4, but I'm sure you can do it in many programs these days, including Gimp. Are you using a .PNG file? Create a layer. Draw something onto it. Then turn that layers opacity down. Make sure it is a .PNG file, to make things simple. There are other file formats that support alpha layers, but to keep this simple, stick with .png.

Try that.

4. Where'sMyCoffe?

Where'sMyCoffe? Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also, these images here, don't do the graphic quality true justice to be honest. It is really vibrant, glossy, glowing, and warm... like that cool chick you meet in your life! :)

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome suggestions, that was the word I was looking for. Gimp has that. Thank you.

I am downloading your theme right now. I like the simplicity.

-Mike

6. Where'sMyCoffe?

Where'sMyCoffe? Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No problem, and thank you! :)

7. JTAC

JTAC Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Very nice work!

8. Where'sMyCoffe?

Where'sMyCoffe? Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why, thank you very much! :)

9. Where'sMyCoffe?

Where'sMyCoffe? Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Excuse me, Metamporh does require root access. Steps edited.

10. rawburt

rawburt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Theme looks great, I'd be all over it if the buttons worked

11. Where'sMyCoffe?

Where'sMyCoffe? Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. Yah, for now just the left button. I wish there was a way to code the launcher to work that way though.

12. Where'sMyCoffe?

Where'sMyCoffe? Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently porting this to 2.1. More info soon.

13. SinCitySRT4

SinCitySRT4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    great job man it looks great

14. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I appreciate all the hard work but I don't see the point if the buttons at the bottom don't work properly. It's like me putting a fake shift knob on the shifter in an automatic sports car to make people think you drive a manual instead of some crappy automatic. Just my opinion though. The look of it is immaculate.

15. Where'sMyCoffe?

Where'sMyCoffe? Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you a bunch! :)

Hey! Glad you like the look. Well this is just a theme, not really a redesign of the launcher's xml code (working on that though). Kind of like skinning an OS... its just the skin, not the extra capability.

For some people... they get tired of the little gray tab, or the grid, an want something different. :)