[MM Theme] Beautiful Widgets - No Text On Widgets

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Slider46, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Slider46

Slider46 New Member

Description:

I've collaborated with EmmVeePee to make some changes to the Beautiful Widgets, widgets (Airplane Mode, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, Vibrate, Silent, Brightness)

MVP is working on some Semi-Transparent Shadow Widgets which can be found here:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...idgets-semi-transparent-shadow-widgets-2.html

I've created a MetaMorph theme that will remove the text from below the widgets to give the widgets a more subtle or 'stealthy' look. This can be used in conjunction with MVP's theme(s)

Requirements:

1. Be sure you have the latest version of BeautifulWidgets. Go to Market > Menu > Downloads to check and see if there is an update available. If not, it should just say "Installed" next to BeautifulWidgets.
    2. The .apk for BeautifulWidgets (which is named by default to com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk) must be renamed to beautifulwidgets.apk (THIS IS CASE SENSITIVE)
    3. The renamed .apk must be moved from /data/app/ to /system/app/
    4. You may need to reinstall the apk once it is in the /system/app/ directory

Instructions:

1. BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM
    2. Remove any Beautiful Widgets from your home screens (not very important, but you may run into some errors if you don't).
    3. Download the attached zipfile (BeautifulWidgets_NoText.zip)
    4. Place the .zip file on your sdcard in a folder called "AndroidThemes" (no quotes)
    5. Open MetaMorph and choose "Pick Theme"
    6. Choose the BeautifulWidgets_NoText.zip file and allow MetaMorph to extract the file
    7. Select the beautifulwidgets.apk subtheme (the only one listed)
    8. Select "Apply It!"
    9. Once MetaMorph finishes, exit.
    10. Reload your widgets and you should have the custom icon pack. (You may need to restart if you do not see changes immediately)
    ScreenShot:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Chief Wahoo

Chief Wahoo Premium Member Premium Member

Very nice work!! Appreciate it and will apply tomorrow at work (when I am supposed to be working) :)

I hate to ask a question that I should probably understand, but what process would I follow to get the non-text widget in combination with MVP's transparent widget? Is that a collaboration that you and MVP are working on? If not, any directions/steps/instructions is appreciated.
  3. EmmVeePee

EmmVeePee New Member

If you apply both of them it should work, if not use the following attachment, already tested.

Attached Files:

4. cturcotte224

cturcotte224 New Member

So I tried installing the theme for no text and each time the widgets won't load
    The transparent themes both work fine. I have the lastest version of Beautiful Widgets and I'm running Adamz Smoked Glass v 6.0.1
  5. Slider46

Slider46 New Member

Beautiful Widgets has most likely been updated and the theme is no longer compatible with the current verison.

I'd have to take some time to re-theme the widgets. At the moment, I don't know when that will be - have a lot of stuff going on.
Search tags for this page

beautiful widgets remove text

i text mm apk