928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
OK, a quick question that's been driving me crazy lately. Which part of the theme includes the Quick Search window? I can get the search widget themed just fine, but I can't figure out which files (or just which APK) the actual search window is. Can someone please help me? These below:

Make sure "Browser", "Framework-res" and "VoiceSearchwithKeyboard" sub-themes are applied.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
WARNING - New MetaMorph Pro Update 1.9.8.3!! - Don't update to it!

I start having problems applying MM themes to the Framework-res.apk today. It will never finish...and I mean never.., force closing didn;t work..nothing but rebooting would stop it.

Everytime I tried any MM theme on framework-res it did the same.

EDIT: Workaround, make sure USB Degugging is turned ON and it will not loop.

so usb debugging simply stopped the looping or fixed the problem as a whole?

xxfonziexx

Reaction score
That helped a lot. The files I was looking for were in Framework (for the quick search). I'm not sure how I kept missing them. THANK YOU!!! dancedroid

OK, a quick question that's been driving me crazy lately. Which part of the theme includes the Quick Search window? I can get the search widget themed just fine, but I can't figure out which files (or just which APK) the actual search window is. Can someone please help me? These below:

Make sure "Browser", "Framework-res" and "VoiceSearchwithKeyboard" sub-themes are applied.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
WARNING - New MetaMorph Pro Update 1.9.8.3!! - Don't update to it!

I start having problems applying MM themes to the Framework-res.apk today. It will never finish...and I mean never.., force closing didn;t work..nothing but rebooting would stop it.

Everytime I tried any MM theme on framework-res it did the same.

EDIT: Workaround, make sure USB Degugging is turned ON and it will not loop.

so usb debugging simply stopped the looping or fixed the problem as a whole?

It keeps the problem from happening. In other words make sure you have USB Debugging turned on before you apply Themes with MM Pro Version 1.9.8.4.....at least for now.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Link for Updated "Black Glass" Version 1.2 in Post #1.

v1.2
  • Updated Market Theme
  • Lots of small tweaks in Framework-res and other areas.

Last edited:
B

budmonster

Hey 928Droid,

I got a couple ?'s...

How do you change the color of the time in the notification bar from black to white? I also wanted remove that gray rectangle background from the the the time too. So I was wondering what program do you use to edit .9 images?

B

budmonster

Hey 928Droid,

I got a couple ?'s...

How do you change the color of the time in the notification bar from black to white? I also wanted remove that gray rectangle background from the the the time too. So I was wondering what program do you use to edit .9 images?

The stock rooted ROMs do not support changing the clock color yet.

This will get you started with 9 Patch images... Draw 9-patch | Android Developers

Damnnit. Thanks for the guide.

B

budmonster

In the guide you gave me it says

"From a terminal, launch the draw9patch application from your SDK /tools directory."

How do you launcher it from ADB?

I can't get the draw9patch application to open. Its just a batch file. I tried double clicking on it, but a DOS window pops up and goes away immediately, that's all.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
You can search here on DF or Google for installing and using the Android SDk and tools...and for learning how to theme.

This thread is just for discussion of the "Black Glass" Theme.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
928 - quick question... if I do a Titanium or MyBackup Pro backup of all the apks+data, then did a wipe and went back to no theme or a different theme, and then restored the data/apks that were backed up, would that work? Or are the apk's all themed based on the theme applied when I did the backup, and therefore that would mess it all up? I think that makes sense...

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
You shouldn't have to do any of that with my themes, just apply the new theme or apply a stock theme (I should have one of those later this week).. My themes only change images, not app data or app code etc...so doing a wipe etc is not needed.

BUT, it is still smart to do a simple Nandroid backup before applying anything, especially a new theme...even just one "corrupt/incorrect" image file can cause issues (BTDT).

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, I know I shouldn't have to - my phone is doing some other finicky things unrelated to theming, so I was just looking at the possibility, but I've gotten it exactly where I want it, so I don't want to have to go back redo all the apps, which is the reason for the question.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Oh, I know I shouldn't have to - my phone is doing some other finicky things unrelated to theming, so I was just looking at the possibility, but I've gotten it exactly where I want it, so I don't want to have to go back redo all the apps, which is the reason for the question.

Give me some examples of the "finicky things" and I will try to help.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well the main thing that's created a headache is that twice over the last 36 hours it has frozen up completely. Once I had to do a battery pull and the other time I waited it out and after about 5 minutes it restarted itself. Once I was attempting to use Choice Dialer, an app I use all the time. The other time it was just "waking up". I haven't had a problem with choice dialer since yesterday afternoon, so maybe it was a random thing, which is why I might not do anything. Both times it happened, my phone didn't appear to be too hot or anything along those lines, either.

Edit: The other thing that's not a real big deal, but just a bit of a nuisance when added with the freezes is that certain widgets keep popping up with "can't load" or whatever the message is, so I have to reload them, they work for a few hours, then it pops up again. My connection is strong wherever I go, otherwise that would be my first thought. If it just happened once, I also wouldn't give it much thought either. This has also become more of an issue just over the last couple of days.

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
You can try replacing most of the stock apps ... download this zip file .. Google Docs .. it has most of the ones I theme in there.

If you use Root Explorer to do it be sure to double check the permissions...and do framework-res.apk last (trust me).

You will see a lot of FCs as you move some of them, just don't get distracted an forget to verifiy permissions on eash one.

I would then run it for a day or so and see how it does, then re-theme everything.

Last edited: