1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[MM] Spyder battery indicator

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Spyder RT, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Spyder RT

Spyder RT New Member

Let me start off by giving credit to oMenaceTigero's Spiderman battery indicator. I based mine off of his.

So now let me introduce my creation.
    I did this for me as I have this logo tattooed on my back. It starts as red and turns grey as the battery gets lower. This is a metamorph so install accordingly. I am not responsible for bricking your phone. I am running the latest Cyanogen(mod) and UD2.5 stable with no issues.

Screenshots :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ewcd507qqqdd7id/SpyderBattery.zip
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

That's sweet but I think you should add more screenshots so we can see how good it shows the decline in battery life. :D
  3. Spyder RT

Spyder RT New Member

Definitely. I plan on redoing this in multiple colors too. Do you know if I can add additional pngs to it because I based mine off of someone else's and did 0-10-20-40-60-80-100. Would it be possible to do 30-50-70-90 also?

P.S. I've tested it in Ultimate and it works fine. MIUI wouldn't take it. And I'm working on some screenlock icons too. I've got one functioning, but its not as pretty as I'd like.

EDIT: I was just looking through root explorer and I see everything now and am going to add more pngs for 5-15-30-50-70-90 later.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  4. EricTheRed760

EricTheRed760 New Member

I'M INSTALLING THIS NOW!!! Gotta say, I like this icon WAAAYYY better than the other one. The face is cool, but the actual spider just works better as a battery icon...
  5. jev

jev Member

That's great, I was just thinking today that someone should do a nice Spider-Man theme and this would be great for it. Nice work!!
  6. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Looks pretty sweet. The additional percentages will only work on those roms that support it. Most Froyo roms do, but any of the new CM7 builds would not.
  7. Spyder RT

Spyder RT New Member

Thanks so much I really appreciate the compliment
    Thanks. I'm going to make a blue one also as soon as I do the other percentages.
    Thanks for the info. I poked around in root explorer and found the other percentages. I have a couple of other ideas for some stuff, but time is rough when I'm gone from home 12 hours of the day and am married with 2 kids and enjoy my sleep.

I need to figure out how to pull the pngs from the framework apk. I have some ideas for UD that would look uber sweet.
  8. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 Super Moderator Premium Member

Thats sweet. I also like the Spiderman background.
    Great job. :D
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  9. Spyder RT

Spyder RT New Member

Thanks. I yanked that off of the internet a while ago. I wish I could still draw good, but I need to practice some more. Why can't there be 36 hours in a day and I only am gone for 12 of them. :)
  10. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

If you are only working on pngs (like the battery) and not in .9.pngs, then the easiest thing is going to be to just make a copy of the framework you are working on and unzip the new one. Navigate to the res/drawable-hdpi (some roms have the added v4 part to this folder) and find the pngs in question. Edit to your liking, then use an application that can open the archive without messing up the signature (ie. Windows - 7zip or WinRAR, or Linux normally has it's own built in Archive Mananger). Open the appropriate folder and just drag and drop the new pngs in. Done. :)

If you want to mess with .9.pngs at a later date, you'll want to look into apktool if you are more comfortable with command line stuff, or if you prefer GUI, then APK Manager. If you ever need any help, you can contact me on gTalk with my screen name.
  11. Spyder RT

Spyder RT New Member

I'm not familiar with any of it at all. I like art and I like to customize what I have with what I have. Luckily I have this sweet phone that I can customize pretty much for free. I just figured out how to pull the drawable folder out of the apk. Now I'm going to try something else with metamorph and see if it works.
  12. Spyder RT

Spyder RT New Member

I was messing around with trying to metamorph some wifi icons in the notification bar in UD, but it didn't work. So I tried Ninjamorphing them in and it worked. Muahahahahaha more stuff to come. I'll change this again cause the red writing that says wifi off is really hard to see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. jev

jev Member

Brilliant!
  14. Spyder RT

Spyder RT New Member

Thanks for the props. Is anyone using this and wants to put up some screenshots?

Sent from my webshooter using the droidforums app!!!