MM is now out for the AT&T V10!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Try clicking on last usage to see if it shows apps.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OP
kixfan

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
Only one it showed in double digits is screen at 26% & Android system at 11%.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Is your screen turning on while in your pocket?

OP
kixfan

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
Is your screen turning on while in your pocket?

Not that I'm aware of. Does the same thing on my desk at work.

OP
kixfan

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
Just shut down and switched batteries since I was at 12%. Here is the new battery info.
f0459ef3de207980a876bafa34d0a42a.jpg
29d78f49e4d2f98d97d017f6df20495d.jpg

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any easy way to figure which one?

Do a foreground cpu monitor using an app called Watch Dog Lite. You can do it live or set a certain time threshold. It's a great one for finding rogue apps but if your signal is fringe that'll cause lesser battery life as well and not show up expect a higher than 2% usage of "cell standby" in your phones battery stats. Back when I was on Verizon my cell standby used to compete with "screen" as my number 1 user each day.
Whenever I get a firmware update I usually do a few reboots as you've done and a cache partition wipe instead of a total fdr. I'm not sure how to do it on your phone as I have a Samsung phone that might be different but Google it should find the method.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
kixfan

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
I will find that app and give it a go. I will also try to find the wipe cache procedures for a V10. Hopefully this app will find something. I unplugged my phone at 6:30 this morning and not it's 8:00 and it's already down to 76% and I've done almost nothing on it. It's now sitting on my desk doing nothing and the battery graph shows rapid discharge and will be dead in 3 hours.

OP
kixfan

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
I've had great success with this app as well.

GSam Battery Monitor - Android Apps on Google Play

After running the GSam app, it shows app usage while sitting on my desk at 60%. I went into details and it shows Android System at 14.1% and Kernel (Android OS) at 12.7% System at 3.9%. Is that normal for android to be sucking 30% of my battery? I also noticed a launcher called Everything Me that I don't use anymore but still installed sucking 3.6%. That will now be uninstalled since its not even in use. Screen is at 33% and that's at 50% brightness. That seems kind of high to me considering its set that low. Phone radio is 2%, Held Awake is 5% with Doze time at 0s even though phone sits on my desk untouched most of the day. It shows average battery life is 5h 2m (3h 37m Active) and Screen on 2h 48m (2h 12m Max).

Phone has been off the charger for 90 minutes with little use and battery sits at 62% and temp is 101 degrees. That doesn't seem right.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
No that is really high usage. Doze should be kicking in. When is the last time you did an FDR? I know it sucks but it might help you determine the app issue.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After running the GSam app, it shows app usage while sitting on my desk at 60%. I went into details and it shows Android System at 14.1% and Kernel (Android OS) at 12.7% System at 3.9%. Is that normal for android to be sucking 30% of my battery? I also noticed a launcher called Everything Me that I don't use anymore but still installed sucking 3.6%. That will now be uninstalled since its not even in use. Screen is at 33% and that's at 50% brightness. That seems kind of high to me considering its set that low. Phone radio is 2%, Held Awake is 5% with Doze time at 0s even though phone sits on my desk untouched most of the day. It shows average battery life is 5h 2m (3h 37m Active) and Screen on 2h 48m (2h 12m Max).

Phone has been off the charger for 90 minutes with little use and battery sits at 62% and temp is 101 degrees. That doesn't seem right.
That 101 is rather high.
That's why I again suggest Watch Dog Lite
Open it, tap cpu on upper right and it'll show what's running in foreground (using cpu, thus battery) and background (no cpu usage but open which is typical for Android)
In the screen shot it shows the app I mentioned in the foreground as I've set it to green, shows amount of cpu next to it and app size it its far right. White are ones are system apps , again wattcan be seen is their cpu usage. Once you see the one using your battery you can kill it, white list it or launch it by tapping the one you want to check. If it's an app gone rogue I'd suggest kill it and if it comes back on uninstall it .
Hope that helps. Gsam is too vague for me unless I dig very deeply,a time consuming task when terrible shooting something gone rogue.
faff785c93a47bba03874b7ef2aba27d.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
kixfan

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
That 101 is rather high.
That's why I again suggest Watch Dog Lite
Open it, tap cpu on upper right and it'll show what's running in foreground (using cpu, thus battery) and background (no cpu usage but open which is typical for Android)
In the screen shot it shows the app I mentioned in the foreground as I've set it to green, shows amount of cpu next to it and app size it its far right. White are ones are system apps , again wattcan be seen is their cpu usage. Once you see the one using your battery you can kill it, white list it or launch it by tapping the one you want to check. If it's an app gone rogue I'd suggest kill it and if it comes back on uninstall it .
Hope that helps. Gsam is too vague for me unless I dig very deeply,a time consuming task when terrible shooting something gone rogue.
faff785c93a47bba03874b7ef2aba27d.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
I'll give that one a try too and see what it tells me.

OP
kixfan

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
Just picked it up off my desk. Temp is down to 89 but battery is now down to 35%. It just sits there doing nothing.