MM is now out for the AT&T V10!

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
Just looked at my phone and a 1.1gb update is waiting. Reports are that it is android MM finally. Not sure if I want to update or not. heard lots of negative reviews of the Verizon version.

ferret57

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
Twitter
ferretfuzzies
On Verizon and no problems with MM at all :) i always do a factory reset after large updates. Wonder what AT&T added? The MM here was like 984 mb or less.

OP
kixfan

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
On Verizon and no problems with MM at all :) i always do a factory reset after large updates. Wonder what AT&T added? The MM here was like 984 mb or less.
So far I've notice nothing new and a few google apps that used to be preloaded are now gone like Play Movies and Play Music. I see nothing related to Doze that was supposed to be added. It decided to uninstall a bunch of my apps and replace the icons with generic android symbols, it decided I no longer need fingerprint scanning capabilities. I reinstalled the apps and restarted and they again turned into the android symbols and were missing. My battery life seems to actually be worse. Phone went from 100% to 30% in just under 3 hours. So far I'm not impressed with MM.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You won't see doze. Doze is a system function. It kicks in when the phone is idle. You can't see it, touch it or change settings.

Your battery life is due to the system rebuilding caches, databases, etc. MM is very efficient once it's up and running. You may need to do a FDR.

ferret57

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
Twitter
ferretfuzzies
I normally do a factory reset after every major update. You might want to consider that. Mustang02 is right, you won't see doze, it's built into the system. Not sure why AT&T would remove Google Play Movies or Play Music, same with Finger print scanner. The FPS on Verizons works great. Do a factory reset, I know it's a pain, but it just might help ya with the FPS, etc.

OP
kixfan

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
You won't see doze. Doze is a system function. It kicks in when the phone is idle. You can't see it, touch it or change settings.

Your battery life is due to the system rebuilding caches, databases, etc. MM is very efficient once it's up and running. You may need to do a FDR.
I think you were right about it rebuilding stuff. Today I have restarted the phone several times and I noticed most of the apps that were shown as missing with a green android logo have mysteriously returned. The fingerprint scanner has also started working again and it much faster and more responsive now. I'll let you all know about battery life in a few days after a pattern develops.

OP
kixfan

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
I see no real improvement in battery life so far. I'm a heavy gamer when home and work on the fringe of a signal so that kills my battery pretty fast some days.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I see no real improvement in battery life so far. I'm a heavy gamer when home and work on the fringe of a signal so that kills my battery pretty fast some days.
If you use it constantly, MM won't give you extra battery life until you let the phone doze.

OP
kixfan

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
If you use it constantly, MM won't give you extra battery life until you let the phone doze.
Even leaving it alone overnight I see no change though. It still discharges the same amount as it always has.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
What does your battery stat look like?

OP
kixfan

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
What does your battery stat look like?
785b294e391fc6c0a25984a904f0b47b.jpg

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
That's your phone sleeping?

This is my flat curve with doze.

72ec4bc09d7179f0418a670f2dedc6c1.jpg

OP
kixfan

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
That's my phone sitting in my pocket. I just woke it up to snap the pic.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You have a rogue app eating battery. That's an insane battery draw.

My battery while using GPS for 1.5 hours.

f08b445fe3e1a83e959f07f394ccea0e.jpg

OP
kixfan

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
Any easy way to figure which one?