MLB.com At Bat 2010 in the Market

pilot25

Reaction score
Got it for the Sox-Yanks game and it cut out about 5 times. Also listened to the Sea-Oak and it cut out 3 times.

Updates were cool but the same as they offered for free on their mobile site which is no longer available.

It needs work and isn't worth $15. If you have the ability, slingbox will be out soon for Android. Significantly more in price but it's live TV and one time charge.

Last edited:

Big Lou

Reaction score
I'm wondering if this will be worth the investment if I plan on watching most games live via OrbLive...

I guess for the times when I can't watch it would be nice. $15 is a lot to ask for an app, though...

Where are games on OrbLive? Never seen one.
I have OrbLive connected to my HTPC. I can watch any of my TV channels live.

pilot25

Reaction score

Scoobz

Reaction score
My Droid and MLB at bat are pissing me off.

1.) Can I not multi-task with this app. If I hit the home button while I am in at bat to go to the home screen it closes At Bat.

2.) Whenever my screen goes to "sleep" it shuts At Bat off. How can I prevent that?

dylanthecat

Reaction score
My Droid and MLB at bat are pissing me off.

1.) Can I not multi-task with this app. If I hit the home button while I am in at bat to go to the home screen it closes At Bat.

2.) Whenever my screen goes to "sleep" it shuts At Bat off. How can I prevent that?

Not sure what to tell you. I can press the home button and do other things and it keeps playing. I can also push the power button to put the phone to sleep and it keeps playing.

Scoobz

Reaction score
Odd.

I noticed the first time i used it I could but then it cut out for some reason so I re-opened the app and then it started doing what I mentioned above. After reading your post I restared the phone and now it's working like it should. I just hope it doesn't start acting up again.

Cmmsh

Reaction score
Pilot, where do you see slingbox will soon be available for android? I have a slingbox and ha dit on my previous phone and would love to see it on my Droid. ... BTW, I think the MLB At-Bat app is great. To me it would be worth the 15 bucks even if it didn't have audio. A quick touch of the button tells me everything I could possibly want, and pitch-by-pitch without having flash. It's 15 bucks, not 150. I'm not sure what people are complaining about. ... Anyway, since the regular season started, the dropouts have been cut significantly. I have used it twice driving across Lake Pontchartrain without any problems.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
I have to drive a couple of hours to DC (or an hour to Baltimore) to cover O's and Nats games on the weekend, and I play the MLB At Bat stream of the Yankees game through my car speakers. Occasional cut-outs, but those are rare. The audio is crystal-clear, I freaking love it.

lakerfan82

Reaction score
Another update in the market today, can't tell what it fixed... comments are reporting less audio cutouts but more of a delay. Been listening to a game on 3g for about 15 minutes with two cutouts...

pilot25

Reaction score
Pilot, where do you see slingbox will soon be available for android? I have a slingbox and ha dit on my previous phone and would love to see it on my Droid. ... BTW, I think the MLB At-Bat app is great. To me it would be worth the 15 bucks even if it didn't have audio. A quick touch of the button tells me everything I could possibly want, and pitch-by-pitch without having flash. It's 15 bucks, not 150. I'm not sure what people are complaining about. ... Anyway, since the regular season started, the dropouts have been cut significantly. I have used it twice driving across Lake Pontchartrain without any problems.

Slingbox Mobile: Coming soon for Android | Google Android Blog

lakerfan82

Reaction score
Looks like the app was updated to version 1.1. It includes a widget. Wish they would fix all the audio cut outs though!

Big Lou

Reaction score
It appears so. There is no changelog so your guess is as good as mine!

rjax

Reaction score
They also added the ability to control refresh rate within the app/widget from the preferences, and at least one other small tweak so that on the box score page you click on team names to switch from one team to another, instead of "Home" and "Away" like it used be.