MLB app / Rooting

vwporkchop

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm new here but I have been reading these forums for some time now. I got my Moto Droid about 2 months ago and I love the phone. I had an iphone with crappy AT&T service and the BB Storm too. This phone blows them away imo.

My phone has slowed down a bit and I'm contemplating rooting it. I like the advantages of having it rooted and I know a few people who have done it already. I just don't want to risk losing apps I paid for. The MLB app I paid $15. I use that regularly and would hate to be without it.

Any ideas / suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

Nelson

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm new here but I have been reading these forums for some time now. I got my Moto Droid about 2 months ago and I love the phone. I had an iphone with crappy AT&T service and the BB Storm too. This phone blows them away imo.

My phone has slowed down a bit and I'm contemplating rooting it. I like the advantages of having it rooted and I know a few people who have done it already. I just don't want to risk losing apps I paid for. The MLB app I paid $15. I use that regularly and would hate to be without it.

Any ideas / suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

Nelson

Two things. If your phone is slowing down it's probably an app that is causing this. Three solutions. The first is just turn your phone off and on. That fixes it 99% of the time. The next would be get rid of any virus protection or task killers. Resource hogs. And the third would be to do a Factory Data Reset.

You don't have to worry about your apps. They are tied into your google account and all paid apps will show up in your downloads in the Market.

If you do root the last time I did it, even with a wipe all of my apps came back from the Market. They were all downloaded with the latest versions of the apps. Even the unpaid ones. I can't guarantee that will happen to you but I can promise you that your paid apps will all be in your downloads.

OP
V

vwporkchop

Reaction score
Thank You.

I will be rooting sometime next week when I find a lil time to read EVERYTHING on how to do it properly.

Thanks again,

Nelson