Mixing themes?

excellentnuke

Reaction score
How can I take parts of different themes and mix them to make one theme? I'm guessing it has something to do with how you can select multiple themes from settings, but other than that, I got nothing.

area52

Reaction score
You can use an app in the market called ninjamorph and do it on your phone, but you have to extract the folders of the theme you want to take parts from. or download 7zip on your desktop and use that to open both theme zip files and drag and drop the various files. Then apply your updated theme the normal way through recovery. both work I do the same thing as your looking to do

Z

ZeroBarrier

You can use an app in the market called ninjamorph and do it on your phone, but you have to extract the folders of the theme you want to take parts from. or download 7zip on your desktop and use that to open both theme zip files and drag and drop the various files. Then apply your updated theme the normal way through recovery. both work I do the same thing as your looking to do

You're not even using this ROM, are you?

To the OP, just crack open the theme zip files that you have downloaded and look at the file structure; it's pretty straight forward on how you can mix and match different elements within themes. After that, you just have to zip it back up with the correct file structure and place them on your SD card in the MIUI folder.

area52

Reaction score
Zero, no I'm not using mini. just trying to help though. have been thinking about giving this a try. seeing as how its that easy to change elements of the theme. I may give it a go today. I haven't read much about it lately and I apologize is this is a stupid question but when it first came out a lot of it was still in Chinese, has it been fully translated?

Z

ZeroBarrier

Fully translated, give it a try, I'm sure you'll fall in love. The most recent version has built in theme support making theme'ing oodles easier.

area52

Reaction score
Sounds pretty interesting. think ill do it. thanks for the info

Z

ZeroBarrier

NP, forgot to mention; you can now place folders in the MIUI launcher dock to act as an improvised app tray. Plus tons of neat little things, like transition animations all over (when you open folders a little lid opens and closes, etc.).

Reaction score
The most recent version has built in theme support making theme'ing oodles easier.

I'm quoting myself, how sad...

Zero, sorry im not advanced enough in crackin open framework yet an switch things around metamorphing is the easiest way for me currently, i asked a simple question hoping someone could shed some light an i get smart-ass comment THANKS we need more ppl like u on here!!!

Z

ZeroBarrier

Seriously? Did you read my posts and/or quote?

The ROM has built-in theme support. BUILT-IN! As in already capable of, already included, no need for additional software/app, option that's already there; just add common sense!!!

OP
E

excellentnuke

Reaction score
The most recent version has built in theme support making theme'ing oodles easier.

I'm quoting myself, how sad...

Zero, sorry im not advanced enough in crackin open framework yet an switch things around metamorphing is the easiest way for me currently, i asked a simple question hoping someone could shed some light an i get smart-ass comment THANKS we need more ppl like u on here!!!

It's not a smartass comment. All it takes is opening up a zip folder and replacing images.

Reaction score

The ROM has built-in theme support. BUILT-IN! As in already capable of, already included, no need for additional software/app, option that's already there; just add common sense!!!

Seriously did you read mine!! i dont know what im doing when it comes to replacing zip stuff dont wanna f nuttin up with a mm file its done for u load it up flash BING IT's DONE!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe since ur such the gentleman helper type guy u portray urself as u could write up a how to or post a link to that type of info already written so i could be enlighted with the knowledge an not have to ask a question that is considered sooo commen sensey too you!

OP
E

excellentnuke

Reaction score

Seriously did you read mine!! i dont know what im doing when it comes to replacing zip stuff dont wanna f nuttin up with a mm file its done for u load it up flash BING IT's DONE!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe since ur such the gentleman helper type guy u portray urself as u could write up a how to or post a link to that type of info already written so i could be enlighted with the knowledge an not have to ask a question that is considered sooo commen sensey too you!

It's common sense because it's as simple as replacing images that have the same name. No skills required, just find the images you want and put them in the same directory. I've seen Metamorph files, and IMO, they're a lot more complex than this.