1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Miui?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by TheBigDog, Oct 16, 2011.

1. TheBigDog

TheBigDog New Member

Hey this is my first post don't know to much about phones but enough to get by. My question is what is MIUI and what does it do?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  2. DROOIID

DROOIID New Member

Miui is a custom rom. You have to have a rooted phone, and have a phone that miui has been ported to. It is developed in china then ported over to a variety of phones in English. The layout reminds most people of apple products (ios). You can go to WWW.miui.us for more info.
  3. TheBigDog

TheBigDog New Member

Thanks. And root means?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  4. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

5. TheBigDog

TheBigDog New Member

Can you go more in depth on how to obtain it......and how do I know if I have one of the three things that will ensure I don't brick my phone
    Quote:
    The only for sure way to brick your device is to corrupt both the recovery image and the secondary program loader and the actual rom itself (assuming you have a recovery image that can flash modified roms, an SPL that can fastboot, and a rom with root access)

As long as you have at least one of the three items listed, you are not the proud owner of a bricked device and can recovery your phone.