MIUI Weather App now available for US and Europe

bustadroid

Reaction score
Nevermind got it installed fine. Thanks for the link!

Last edited:

jcbbiggs

Reaction score
saweet! that looks, cannot believe how it turned out

:icon_eek:

dryny

Reaction score
I pushed it to System /app, but it won't let me install, says "parse error, there is a problem parsing the package?"

any thoughts?

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
I pushed it to System /app, but it won't let me install, says "parse error, there is a problem parsing the package?"

any thoughts?

You don't install. Just push then reboot. It should show up in Widgets.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

deadhd5

Reaction score
Got this working well, but one issue. I added my location, but a place called Weber City is the primary location and I cannot delete it. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone figured out how to resolve it? Overall, another really cool Miui App with beautiful UI

EDIT: When I turned off GPS location it removed Weber City. I am no where near a place called Weber City so perhaps the GPS is not working for me. Anyone getting an accurate GPS reading?

Last edited:
OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
Got this working well, but one issue. I added my location, but a place called Weber City is the primary location and I cannot delete it. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone figured out how to resolve it? Overall, another really cool Miui App with beautiful UI

EDIT: When I turned off GPS location it removed Weber City. I am no where near a place called Weber City so perhaps the GPS is not working for me. Anyone getting an accurate GPS reading?

Yes GPS is not working yet. Simply turn it off and manually enter your city. They hope to have GPS and a single apk for beta2

Icculus760

Reaction score
I pushed it to System /app

Just push then reboot. It should show up in Widgets.

So I did that & it didn't pop up as a new widget.
double edit: figured out my problem thx to xda thread
I didn't change permissions on the .apk in /system/data to look like:
X X O
X O O
X O O
maybe that'll help someone as stupid as me who tries to get this to work but couldn't

Last edited:
OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
I pushed it to System /app

You don't install. Just push then reboot. It should show up in Widgets.

...and if we push it to system/app via root explorer (after giving the folder r/w access then reverting to r/o access after pushing the .apk there) and it doesn't show up as a widget post-reboot.....any suggestions?

edit: I'm not running MIUI right now, but can't imagine that would stop the widget from showing up. Also, I couldn't put the *.db file into /data/data/miuiweatherwhatever folder b/c it doesn't exist

Check permissions rw- r-- r-- other that that no. Do you have space in system to install? Not sure what your running but some roms nearly fill system memory on the Droid.

Icculus760

Reaction score
Check permissions rw- r-- r-- other that that no. Do you have space in system to install? Not sure what your running but some roms nearly fill system memory on the Droid.

Apparently my post wasn't edited/saved before your reply (damn you for being so quick to help out :D) but I'm all good now...thanks for the speedy help tho, especially since your suggestion was exactly what I needed to change to get it to work properly!

Last edited: