MIUI v6 - All contacts from Exchange not syncing

ipadl

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Has anybody else had any problems with all of their contacts from exchange not syncing properly? I have noticed this on v5 and v6, but it seems to pull only a select number of records. In my case, I have 421 contacts in my exchange contact folder. When I load just my exchange contacts on my phone, it shows only 213. I have deleted and recreated the account and tried to resync, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I just tried adding a test contact to my exchange list and then sync'ed it in MIUI, but it doesn't show up.

Is there a max number of contacts allowed? Has anybody else had a similar problem? This was not a problem with other ROMs including stock, CyanogenMod, Simply Stunning, Onix, etc.

Thanks,

Seth

catchacold

Reaction score
I am dealing with this issue also. I am currently working with level 3 from Motorola. I will let you know what I find out.

OP
I

ipadl

Reaction score
Hey man,

It appears as though the new version of MIUI (11.26) fixes this issue. There are a few other bugs, but my exchange sync issue is no longer there. I've tested on 2 different handsets. I firmly believe that it was a ROM problem and not a hardware problem. Let me know if you find out otherwise.

Thanks,

Seth

catchacold

Reaction score
I tried to edit my pervious post yesterday but something happened. Anyway, I didnt relize this was for a custom ROM - Just FYI I am on stock, 2 day old X.

So yesterday was insane. I feel like an idiot also! So, like I said I made it all the way up to level 3 tech support with motorola. Motorola wanted my to create to exception on my exchange 2003, which I really didnt want to do because all of my Droid 1 devices work fine. Well, I get off the phone with Moto yesterday waiting on them to send me the instructions for this exception on my Exchange server and I decided to read the manual. Well with the Droid X if you press the phone button then go to the contacts from there this will only show you contacts with numbers, if you go to the actual contacts icon you get all you icons. But, I cant figure out how to tell how many contacts that are there cause the phone doesnt say.

I am feeling really dumb, this post is probably in the wrong place. I was just frustrated yesterday. So, sorry for the confusion.

Hey man,

It appears as though the new version of MIUI (11.26) fixes this issue. There are a few other bugs, but my exchange sync issue is no longer there. I've tested on 2 different handsets. I firmly believe that it was a ROM problem and not a hardware problem. Let me know if you find out otherwise.

Thanks,

Seth