Miui v3.3 on site now

PikaCane

Reaction score
I've been running v3, biggest bug for me is that it won't ring if I get a call from someone other than a starred contact. (Now, depending on who's calling, that's not always a bad thing...) I could swear I saw someone else mention this but I can't find it anymore. Would updating help? And would I need to wipe going from v3 to v3.3?

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
it is "recommended" to not wipe.

Personally there isnt enough change to warrant the flash. If I were to flash 3.3 I would STILL flash over ss4.8 w/o wiping. Just so I could have the location work.

Given all the quirks...I would flash miui 3.3 over ss4.8 unless they get the location working. If location worked...Id be on 3.3 in a heartbeat. Until then...Im pretty stable with v2.

PikaCane

Reaction score
I tried flashing over SS to see if that would help. It did get my phone to take calls, but I had the framework FC'ing on me constantly. I may have cleared data incorrectly, though, I was a long way from my computer and doing it from memory. Not having location isn't a dealbreaker for me; GPS worked while I was out of town, and I just assigned WeatherBug a zip code to track.

I suppose if wiping is not required, I might as well try. Not that I want some of those calls! :icon_ banana: