Miui v3.3 on site now

kwattro

Reaction score
OK guys, no Chinese, all Facebook contacts and pics all synced, no mms issues or fc's, no framework issues, no dialer issues however the *228 is still there but you can do *228 and hold down 0 to get a plus sign so it reads "*228+"(I take NO CREDIT for this work around) stock kernel is up to 800MHz however, I installed slayer 1000 that has interactive gov. and now this thing is flying and extremely smooth. Lock-screen gallery option is there like the first leak. If you open Messaging and then click the + to pick a contact you will see double to triple of the same contact but they are not duplicates because if you go to contacts everything is good. You can now change/edit contact pics without getting a fc. Market had most of my downloads but it didn't auto start. The camera app focus issue is gone, you can click on a pic after you take it to preview with no issue, the video recording still has an option for 720p but droid isn't capable so keep it on high 30 or it will fc I think that this should be used as the next hybrid update. I will continue checking things as time goes by.

I did a clean install by going to recovery and doing the usual in the partition menu (formating but not the card)

Last edited:

Blueprint

Reaction score
OK guys, no Chinese, all Facebook contacts and pics all synced, no mms issues or fc's, no framework issues, no dialer issues however the *228 is still there but you can do *228 and hold down 0 to get a plus sign so it reads "*228+"(I take NO CREDIT for this work around) stock kernel is up to 800MHz however, I installed slayer 1000 that has interactive gov. and now this thing is flying and extremely smooth. Lock-screen gallery option is there like the first leak. If you open Messaging and then click the + to pick a contact you will see double to triple of the same contact but they are not duplicates because if you go to contacts everything is good. You can now change/edit contact pics without getting a fc. Market had most of my downloads but it didn't auto start. The camera app focus issue is gone, you can click on a pic after you take it to preview with no issue, the video recording still has an option for 720p but droid isn't capable so keep it on high 30 or it will fc I think that this should be used as the next hybrid update. I will continue checking things as time goes by.

I did a clean install by going to recovery and doing the usual in the partition menu (formating but not the card)

Thanks for the clean review of what's going on in the update. Keep up the good work, bro. dancedroid

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What I don't understand is how you can have location working on v2 and not on the newer versions. As of now 3. 3 is not worth the wipe. I don't mind a little. Chinese in my phone its kinday cool

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
What I don't understand is how you can have location working on v2 and not on the newer versions. As of now 3. 3 is not worth the wipe. I don't mind a little. Chinese in my phone its kinday cool

how did u get location to work on v2. I tried a wipe install on v2 and location didnt work. I had to install i over another rom like ss4.8 to get location to work :icon_eek:

kwattro

Reaction score
review

Thanks for the clean review of what's going on in the update. Keep up the good work, bro. dancedroid

Thanks and you're welcome

schmaltzy

Reaction score
I just put MIUI V3.2 on yesterday. JUST TO VERIFY....a wide data/cache IS required?

jfit400

Reaction score

how did u get location to work on v2. I tried a wipe install on v2 and location didnt work. I had to install i over another rom like ss4.8 to get location to work :icon_eek:

I don't know if everyone knows this, but a 3.2 install over simply stunning will get location working for 3.2, and I assume 3.3.

You have to wipe data for contacts storage and google services framework services, but doing that I don't really see any reason not to upgrade past v2

ty_

Reaction score
I just put MIUI V3.2 on yesterday. JUST TO VERIFY....a wide data/cache IS required?

from what i can tel you. i didnt wipe and i did the same thing. i downloaded 3.2 then like a half hour later he uploads 3.3.

after not wiping...everything runs fine except for the unavailable GPS. battery life is fine i think im gonna go get slayhers 1000 since others mentioned that it runs well with the ROM.

Reaction score
dancedroid

Now... I'm the funniest member here... with a bow around me. I'm so funny, I make emos smile teddy bears, and those teddy bears bring all the unicorns to the yard... but... I must say... this... dancedroid... after every one of your post, is funny to me.

Now... where is the ent

er button... Woops... there it is.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

that is what I did. Installed over ss4.8.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

not if you want location to work.

As of now...till the kinks are worked out...I recommend installing over ss4.8 and then clearing data from contact storage, and google framework services, and installing the allinone fix zip.

I will be sticking with v2 myself, at least until location is fixed. If location gets fixed along with alot of the other bugs...and some themes are available..then there really is not point in updating to newer versions...since a wipe is recommended at this point.

bigmike35

Reaction score

not if you want location to work.

As of now...till the kinks are worked out...I recommend installing over ss4.8 and then clearing data from contact storage, and google framework services, and installing the allinone fix zip.

I will be sticking with v2 myself, at least until location is fixed. If location gets fixed along with alot of the other bugs...and some themes are available..then there really is not point in updating to newer versions...since a wipe is recommended at this point.

what/where is the alliinone fix zip file that you mention?

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I dont see it on the dl page.

I have it on my computer though. PM me your email and Ill send it to you.