[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.11.11 [DEV]

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply chewy74... I will troubleshoot and see what I can do. Maybe it is because my battery is like at 5 to 10% but who knows. On my D1 things always start getting sloppy and weird at low battery.

puffmtd

Reaction score
I finally figured mine out. I changed the permissions on the new ringtone to match the permissions in the system ringtones file using root explorer. Works fine now.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea I think I need some kernel help, not sure. I flashed a few Chevy kernels because I had always used them, but my phone is acting almost idiotically slow. Like sometimes its way too laggy to handle. Click email reply, wait on black screen for 14 seconds, reply... Secondly, when doing a reboot it seems to get caught on the M forever, so I have to battery pull and try again, in which it usually boots...

Uhg. I just need a new phone. I think my expectations have well overgrown this Droid. I am up for an upgrade too but just cant see spending like 200 or more on another phone. Maybe XMas will give me some extra cash...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea I guess I will try wiping that and cache again. I am now getting android.process.acore constant crashes and I know that is a bad thing. My battery seems to run out super fast too... I might just backup and zap this droid and start over... keep the stock kernel i guess.

chewy74

Reaction score
I can tell you I sbf and reroot...my Droid ran much better after. I flashed this build and I'm still on the stock kernel. I haven't needed to change kernel yet.

collinjm01

Reaction score
Yea I think I need some kernel help, not sure. I flashed a few Chevy kernels because I had always used them, but my phone is acting almost idiotically slow. Like sometimes its way too laggy to handle. Click email reply, wait on black screen for 14 seconds, reply... Secondly, when doing a reboot it seems to get caught on the M forever, so I have to battery pull and try again, in which it usually boots...

Uhg. I just need a new phone. I think my expectations have well overgrown this Droid. I am up for an upgrade too but just cant see spending like 200 or more on another phone. Maybe XMas will give me some extra cash...

So i used corcor and it lagsssss even with it OCd to 1000mhz. idk what to do... honestly i dont feel like sbf-in (its my friends phone, and i havent spf'd in awhile...)

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score
Last edited:

chewy74

Reaction score
i think the majority of users have reported good results from chevy kernels and deprimed kernels

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
i think the majority of users have reported good results from chevy kernels and deprimed kernels

I always used Pete's kernel and it worked well too, Chevy's always broke compcache for me on here...I think people tend to forget Pete even has kernels lol

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

chewy74

Reaction score
i've actually tried to use pete's kernels twice, but they ran really hot and would lag really badly...

I tried running it for about a day before the lag got to me

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i've actually tried to use pete's kernels twice, but they ran really hot and would lag really badly...

I tried running it for about a day before the lag got to me

So I wiped everyhting since my phone was being so badly laggy with my Chevy kernels... I re-installed MIUI. After installing obviously everything was snappy and nice, so I installed a Pete kernel and everything got laggy, the overclocking software was FCing a lot. I wiped and re-installed MIUI and have stuck witht he stock kernel. Everything is fairly smooth and quick...