[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.10.21 [DEV]

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
MIUI.us-Sholes-1.10.21
Development Build

This build is MOSTLY STABLE BUT IN DEVELOPMENT

This build was ported to the droid by MagiMan7 and TP4Bama, translations to english were done by MIUI.us

All of the MIUI.us build are now available on Rom Manager under MIUI.us which will allow automatic notification of future builds

Follow us on twitter for real time updates!
@magiman7 / @tp4bama

If this is your first time trying MIUI, read the MIUI Manual (credit The Batman) to become familiar with the interface and many of the hidden options.

Code:
#include <std-disclaimer>

/*Anything you do to your phone is solely your responsibilty, you choose
 to modify your phone. This rom has been marked BETA by the developer,
 however should anything happen to your phone neither of the developers
 "MagiMan7 and/or Tp4bama" nor MIUI.us nor MIUI.com developers are liable 
 in anyway.*/

COMMON ISSUES
  1. Facebook app will sync ALL contacts
  2. Instead of *228 call *228+ (hold 0 for + sign)
  3. If you have having launcher force closes, switch back to the stock theme to verify the theme is not causing the issue.
  4. If apps do not show up after initial flash, rebooting should make them reappear
  5. If you use Google to back up your contacts, restoring contacts with Miui Backup could result in duplicate entries
  6. Using Titanium Backup to backup and restore apps/data has reportedly caused FCs with certain apps
  7. [DO NOT TRY TO RESTORE SYSTEM DATA FROM ANY ROM INCLUDING MIUI BELOW 1.4.8!!!!!!! or you will get force closes...]
  8. If you cannot move apps to sdcard, uninstall app and reinstall from market
  9. If you have issues downloading anything, run Downloads app and cycle download with wifi
  10. If you cannot download / install apps from market, make sure you have "ROOT Permission" set to ON under SuperUser Settings.
  11. If you get permission denied, root not found, or similar errors, make sure you have "ROOT Permission" set to ON under SuperUser Settings

POST BUGS HERE IN THIS THREAD.

MIUI CHANGELOG: Here

Local changes by US:
  • Upgraded Motorola Proprietary files to FRG83G (Prevents VZW OTA update from downloading)
  • Stock kernel set to ondemand governor with min/max frequencies of 125/800
  • Changed the default VM Heap to 32mb
  • Changed SD Card buffer to 2048 for speed boost (credit brainmaster)
  • Adjusted multiple memomory configurations - Between Multitasking and Balanced 3 with Hard to Kill Launcher from V6 Supercharge script (credit zeppelinrox)
  • Added 4-way Power mod (Miui.us)
  • Added all ringetones from CM7 and Pete's Stock GPA
  • Added vim, nano, bash, terminal mods, fix permissions script (CyanogenMod 7)
  • Added sysrw and sysro scripts to remount system partition with write or read only access
  • Added lockapp / unlockapp scripts to lock an app in memory (scripts by MagiMan7, idea from zeppelinrox)
  • Removed 3G Hotspot due to it not working
  • Removed ProTips due to it being useless
  • Added Rom Manager for easy updates (installed to /data for easier upgrades)
  • Added Google Apps: Car Home, GenieWidget to system apps (not available from the market)
  • Added Google Apps: Mail, Maps, Voice, Google Search, Youtube, Voice Search to data partition (can be easily uninstalled or updated)
  • Added Old 3D Gallery to /data (save system space and easily uninstalled)
  • Added Terminal Emulator from CyanogenMod 7 (moved to /data to save system space and easily uninstalled)
  • Added Stock Motorola Droid QuickOffice in data partition (can be easily uninstalled)
  • Added some build.prop tweaks (credit metalspring for collection from varioius sources)
  • Updated Busybox to 1.18.0 (credit imoseyon for cron setup script)
  • Setup cron to clear unused caches and restart swap everyday at 2 am (can be changed)
  • ERI Mod has been incorporated into the ROM, removes network name.
  • Changed some default settings (disable traffic monitoring, enable non-market apps, enable power monitoring, etc)
  • MMS Video Fixed (Credit Epicardium at MIUI.us Forums for original find)
  • Native support for a2sd+ as long as you have propery formated sdcard (credit DarkTremor)
  • Added native OTA from MIUI.us (can upgrade each week from native updater app)
  • Added swap options script (default set to none, see details below, credit TreyMotes for idea for swap file on cache)
  • Google initial setup wizard is now included
  • Change so SMS messages over 160 char are split instead of converting to MMS
  • Added Virtuous OC (credit rmk40 and Virtuous Roms)

UPDATER INSTALLATION (only if currently running version 1.8.19 or later with CWM v3+)
  1. NANDROID BACKUP!
  2. Run Updater app (It will give option to backup data with MIUI Backup)
  3. If apps do not show up after initial flash, rebooting should make them reappear
  4. If you have issues after using the Updater, try wiping /cache and dalvik-cache
  5. If you still run into problems, lots of FC, reinstall with wiping data / factory reset
  6. Run SuperUser and verify / enable ROOT Permissions under settings

INSTALLATION (non-ota if you are currently running version 1.8.12 or later)
  1. Backup apps with MIUI backup (just in case)
  2. NANDROID BACKUP!
  3. Flash this rom
  4. If apps do not show up after initial flash, rebooting should make them reappear
  5. If you have issues after flashing, try wiping /cache and dalvik-cache
  6. If you still run into problems, lots of FC, reinstall with wiping data / factory reset
  7. Run SuperUser and verify / enable ROOT Permissions under settings

Info on the MIUI Stats included in MIUI.us builds 1.7.15 and later
Please check out what they are and how we use them Here

img.php

MIUI.us Sholes 1.10.21 Here
md5: aec9d50f288663a94b4dd60022050963

Have Rom Manager automatically download zip on your phone (suggest downloading on wifi)
You must enable Web Connect in Rom Manager on your phone to enable this option and click Here

Themes available HERE

Themers: Excellent guide on creating MIUI themes HERE

CRON OPTIONS
The set of cron tasks is editable in the /data/cron/root file. The root file lists all of the commands scheduled to run and the scheduled time. The file can be edited to add tasks or change the preset ones of flushing caches. All tasks in this file will be run as root (superuser privileges). The default cron tasks has a command commented out to cause the phone to do a soft reboot everyday at 2:45 am. This may help keep phone feeling snappy each morning. Remove '#' to have this run everyday

LOCKAPP / UNLOCKAPP INFO
Run lockapp script in terminal or from gscript. Both scripts are located in /system/xbin. Both scripts take a single argument, the process name. For example the Miui Music player has the process name com.miui.player. You can find process names for most installed apps under /data/app (just drop the -1.apk from the name listing).

To lock an app in memory you run lockapp PROCESS. For example, to lock the Miui Music player into memory, run 'lockapp com.miui.player' As a warning, Do not lock more than 1 app in memory. To lock an app in memory, the app has to be running. If the process is not running, the script will inform you.

Once an app is locked into memory, the only way to remove it from memory is to kill the process. The unlockapp does extactly that. It is run with the same arguement, unlockapp PROCESS. If you wanted to unlock the Miui Music player from memory, run 'unlockapp com.miui.player' This will kill the app you are unlocking from memory. If you want it to run the background unlocked, you will have to re-run the app.

A2SD+ INFO
Once you have your sdcard formated for a2sd (Create a 2nd partition of type ext3 using Rom Manger or favorite patition manager), you can run command a2sd from terminal to setup a2sd+. Running 'a2sd help' will give a list of options available. Running 'a2sd install' will move all apps from /data to sdcard. Running 'a2sd datasd' will copy apps as well as their settings / configurations (/data/data) to sdcard.

SWAP OPTIONS
There is an included script called swap located in /system/bin you can run from terminal, adb shell, or gscript. The script takes a single arguement defining what type of swap setup you want. Options are file, compcache, both, none. The script will immediately initiate the swap system chosen as well as update boot up and cron files to keep the selection permenent. So whatever you select will persist after a reboot. To run the command, just enter 'swap OPTION'. So if you want to switch from no swap (default on new instal) to swap file, type 'swap file' and everything is adjusted for you. The swap option will be kept after updateing assuming data is not wiped. If data is wiped, it will default back to none.

VIRTUOUS OVERCLOCK
The virtuous overclock daemon will auto run as long as no SetCPU type apps are installed. The OC daemon will auto underclock the CPU when the screen is off. The daemon repsonds quicker to screen on/off changes than 3rd party apps. Options for daemon can be changed with included app (which can be uninstalled if you don't want to use).

Last edited:

chewy74

Reaction score
I'm in the home stretch...hoping I will get to retire my d1 with miui before the galaxy nexus drops

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Amen Chewmanfu
Thanks magsgruber.
ChewChew
Have you heard any release dates for either prime, razr or vigor?
This baby has entered the stage of life we often call, about to kick at anytime.
Gotta make it to one of the releases, otherwise I will be known as the bionic man. Which as a worst case scenario is pretty schweet.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

KJW979

Reaction score
Gonna be a tough decision between razr & nexus, more than likely come down to which one gets rooted with miui. DL'd & running latest update, no problems so far, thanks magiman.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

chewy74

Reaction score
If I get the g nexus I won't be replacing ICS for a while with a rom.

If I get razr I will immediately root and rom up

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Gonna be a tough decision between razr & nexus, more than likely come down to which one gets rooted with miui. DL'd & running latest update, no problems so far, thanks magiman.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I am pretty sure the Galaxy Nexus will first. It will probably be supported officially by MIUI anyways since it will be the first ICS device and I am sure they will be making MIUI for ICS.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I agree w/ you Chewy. I can't think of anything about MIUI that I like better than ICS. Replacing ICS on Nexus w/ MIUI would seem like a major downgrade. I don't know what the China devs have planned, but they are going to have to do a lot more than just port over their ui / imagery to ICS.

Although MIUI for ICS is going to take a while. Cyanogenmod team predicted 3 months after ICS source is released (which won't happen until after Nexus is released). I don't foresee MIUI upgrading to ICS until after CM9 is released, so add a couple weeks onto that. Regardless, it is going to take a little while.

groovydeus

Reaction score
Running great. My D1 hasn't run this good in months. Continued kudos to those that continue to shoehorn this great rom into 'aging' hardware.

morethansamson

Reaction score
I was planning on the Razr before I read that the battery cannot be pulled... I have to do a battery pull at least once a week with the OG Droid. As I was going to root and mod the Razr as soon as I was able to, the thought of having to wait for the battery to die in the Razr before I could get back into recovery killed it for me.

The Razr is going to be a killer phone for those who do not root; carbon fiber kevlar, gorilla glass, 8MP camera... the three features that had me leaning towards the Razr over the Galaxy Nexus, but again the not being able to do a battery pull made my mind up for me.

If I get the g nexus I won't be replacing ICS for a while with a rom.

If I get razr I will immediately root and rom up

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I was planning on the Razr before I read that the battery cannot be pulled... I have to do a battery pull at least once a week with the OG Droid. As I was going to root and mod the Razr as soon as I was able to, the thought of having to wait for the battery to die in the Razr before I could get back into recovery killed it for me.

The Razr is going to be a killer phone for those who do not root; carbon fiber kevlar, gorilla glass, 8MP camera... the three features that had me leaning towards the Razr over the Galaxy Nexus, but again the not being able to do a battery pull made my mind up for me.
I am pretty sure the Nexus has Gorilla Glass. Also the camera is probably better on the nexus then the razr.

morethansamson

Reaction score
I am pretty sure the Nexus has Gorilla Glass. Also the camera is probably better on the nexus then the razr.

These features would be a bonus as the Galaxy Nexus is going to be big-hitter in its own-right. Leading the way with ICS, 4.65 AMOLED 720p screen with 316 density, 32GB internal... I know that the Nexus is going to keep me happy just as long as my OG Droid has... I'm just a sucker for carbon fiber I guess is what caught my eye with the Razr.

Hope my OG lasts until the release... it's getting grim.

g_what

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as the rest of yall with my OG Droid still trucking until that next great phone. I have decided that I want the Nexus. I just can't pass up ICS and the immediate updates from Google.