MIUI.us-Droid-1.6.10.1

chewy74

Reaction score
LMAO BUSTED

they keep pulling back in!

but web browsing is still very bad with the lag...so my patience for it may force me back to froyo again

on the plus side, my camera issues from the last 2 builds are also gone.

My pictures all coming in as black and white is resolved. Overall smoother... battery isn't great but pretty sure its my kernel that needs adjusting.

Only thing I haven't seen any relief on is browser lag. No matter which browser I use there's always lag and eventual freezes

I thought u had given up on gingy? LOL.... your just a fellow flashing addict, you can't get off the juice.

Sent from a DROID1 behind bars for flashing unsuspecting ROMS in the park

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Any reason the signal an 3g don't turn green when signed in? Did miui.us change something?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Yep, MIUI changed the status bar, no green Google indication in this release.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
LMAO BUSTED

but web browsing is still very bad with the lag...so my patience for it may force me back to froyo again

I use Dolphin Mini and don't notice lag in it. Are you running any themes?

I have noticed that if I change themes, rebooting into recovery and wiping cache seems to improve performance with some of them.

Reaction score
Any reason the signal an 3g don't turn green when signed in? Did miui.us change something?

Yep, MIUI changed the status bar, no green Google indication in this release.

Funny, they still have the green images in the systemui folder which is weird if they are not using them! F-ing up my themeing back an forth (Pick 1) it sucks to theme for miui...seriously

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Funny, they still have the green images in the systemui folder which is weird if they are not using them! F-ing up my themeing back an forth (Pick 1) it sucks to theme for miui...seriously

That is weird they still kept the images. I don't know what their long term goals are for the status bar. They had a consistent look on froyo and that changed w/ the gingerbread. (Pull down status bar had different icons then normal). I think they are trying to create a consistent look as in froyo, but that is just me guessing.

I agree with you completely on the themeing for MIUI, it is a never ending ordeal. Each week there is something new or changed. There is a good guide that I believe gets updated fairly regularly at MIUI.us forums you could check out.

chewy74

Reaction score
im using dolphin hd w/no theme
on my miui im using darkr47z

I will try the wiping and then i will try dolphin mini
thanks

LMAO BUSTED

I use Dolphin Mini and don't notice lag in it. Are you running any themes?

I have noticed that if I change themes, rebooting into recovery and wiping cache seems to improve performance with some of them.

Card

Reaction score
This all makes it sound worthwhile. Like I said, I plan on flashing when I get home. It's just tough and time-consuming for me because I'm coming from 1.4.29 and can not use MIUI backup for sytem data or apps (I thought apps would work, but I'm having major issues with it). So essentially I have to start from scratch to hop on to 1.6.x

I guess that is the advantage of staying up to date. ;) I backup and restore each week, so I didn't realize there was issue on backups from multiple versions back. I will say that there have been updates to MIUI Backup since then that backup more items, so there will be less to redo manually (hopefully)

You're absolutely correct. I'm flashing to the newest version now. I'll just have to d/l my needed apps again. No big worry, just a good way to kill a few hours tonight after work. :)

Thanks again!

Card

Reaction score
Does Miren seem to play well with MIUI? I've been using Dolphin HD and having lag issues as well.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Chewy and mag why dolphin and not Miren for web browser?

I started on Dolphin (non HD), then found Xscope and it was faster so I used it. Dolphin HD came out, so I tried it, but it was bigger then Xscope and I didn't really need any of the addons, so I went back to Xscope. Xscope updated to version 6 and it seemed to get slow on me, so I found Dolphin Mini which was small like Xscope (under 1 mb) and faster. That is where I have stayed. I don't need a browser on my D1 that has tons of features, just the basic ones to do browsing and save bookmarks.

I haven't tried Miren, but I will give it a shot and see how it does.

chewy74

Reaction score
@card, i just installed dolphin mini and been using it for a few hours and definitely see a noticebale difference in lag. dolphin mini is way smoother and almost no lag at all.
@drooiid, I dont use miren browser only because i hate how the page does not push up when you hit the diaglogue box and your keyboard pops up to enter text. so the keyboard will pop up over the text entry box..it annoyed me so badly i couldnt use it.

if the recent updates have fixed that i will give it another whirl

cowsquad

Reaction score
My first time having an issue with miui.us (miui latest release, stock kernel,droid 1, meizzu theme) I'm sending txt msgs to my wife, she isn't getting them. Sometimes she gets them 3 hours after I have sent them. Weird issue, it hasn't happened before :(

Card

Reaction score
Got 6.10 running very well and so far no issues. I just have to stop being lazy and forgetting to update for weeks/months at a time.