Miui pre-beta!?

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1520159

ok i don't know if anyone else has posted this yet i THINK they did....but i forget....EITHER WAY props goes to iNsAnEmOd for his hard work. its still has many bugs and issues at the moment but the core parts of MIUI that we love work for the most part, it has

THIS IS ALL FROM MY PERSONAL USE AND TESTING IN A TOTAL OF 1 DAYS WORTH OF USE! I MIGHT BE IF NOT WILL BE MISSING THINGS IN MY ASSESSMENT!
(this also contains personal thoughts on the pre-beta version in hopes to help the dev - i will be posting this on his main thread as well sadly XDA requires minimum of 10 posts to post on his thread for some reason.....i only have 5....LOL i've been HERE the whole time ^^;;
1: 3g/4g as far as i can tell i've had it for a day now and its based off of the current ICS build so getting 4g to work is the same but MIUI comes with the phone info app preinstalled just open it up > GSM Only > GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) simple as that
2: Theme chooser, editor app. (backgrounds do NOT work as of yet all it does is change your stock background to black.
3: MIUI status bar, it WORKS but the theme app doesn't change the overall appearance of it yet. the drop down menu still is white no matter which theme you choose but it still functions properly.
4: MIUI launcher, it works perfectly there is a little lagg unfortunately when it opens up the editor to add widgets and stuff
anything else you usually expect to be in MIUI it has for the most part
5: Camera Works, but does NOT have 1080p options in it yet.

now for the downside/glitches/issues that i've come across so far

a few apps of mine force close such as Applanet (if you use it itll force close just by going into an app to download it....yah...)
the MIUI Music Widget is in the rom but not the app itself so....using the Widget is pointless since it wont open up the app that it goes to.
The background doesn't change as i said earlier
the phone sound drops just like in the current build of ICS4.0 , FIX: toggle Bluetooth on then off and it'll repair the phone sound
the SETTINGS bother me personally because from what i can tell the settings menu was just an MIUI themed ICS settings menu. Don't get me wrong its nice looking but i came over from D-1 MIUI and i'm used to my settings being split up in 3 main sections like that. but i guess since it is based on ICS4.0 its understandable. but there are some things missing from it the Phone INFO/Moble Network settings section is THERE but it only has TLE/CDMA and CDMA only it is missing GSM Only which kind of defeats it being in the settings. The Theme settings isn't in the main settings menu either its its own app entirely so if you think you can go from setting to setting with in one menu sadly you are mistaken.
the lagg in the widget draw is a bit annoying to me i hope they can work something out to fix this
ALSO on the theme, launcher subject some of the THEMES and Lockscreens do not fit the screen itself properly and end up being too small but i think thats just because all of the theme dev's made them on phones like the D-1 and phones with smaller screens which is very logical seeing as MIUI has been around for a while now.
The SD cards read perfectly on the phone but the external does NOT mount to your PC when connected via USB wire, and some music apps fail to recognize that your phone has 2 SD cards similarly to the PC-USB issue. if you plan to use this rom as it is now move all of your music and pictures to your INTERNAL SD card for PC access and certain APP access. a simple work around for the Music issue is download XINGplayer its a very nice substitute to the MIUI music app and its Widget is very similar to MIUI's widget.

Overall nice rom, Some lagg, some graphical issues here and there, settings are missing a few things that were MIUI standard or have been moved elsewhere or havent been added YET, the core components work and thats all that should matter as of now. THANKYOU VERY MUCH iNsAnEmOd for your hard work again!

Last edited:

kkemp

Reaction score
Were do I go to download this at?

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

OP
Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
Thank dude..I try

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

youre welcome man but dude the only issues i see that are a MAJOR problem for me and this is just a personal thing is the Background issues you can't change images, and the MIUI music widget comes with the rom but not the APP. the only way around this is using Applanet to download the MIUI music app separately then itll work but it would be better if it came with the rom and the stock ICS music app would be taken out completely. ALSO the MIUI theme manager doesn't work quite right because the dimensions of the screen is different from what most of the themes are made for so the lock screens are all off tot he left side of the screen its weird. but i think thats mostly because of the before mentioned fact that MIUI themes were made for or on smaller screened devices.