MIUI Port for Droid 3?

bleepbloop

Reaction score
Saw that the Droid 3 phone now has 1-click root.... is an MIUI port around the corner? That would be badass.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
There are quite a few things that should need to happen first. For example custom recovery and for everyone's benefit an sbf to use in time of a crisis. The function of the custom recovery is obvious but the sbf is just as important with the locked bootloader. I remember before the dx had one if you got stuck in a bootloop there was a chance your device had been transformed into a fancy paperweight.

But I would imagine its definitely possibly at some point since they now have things booting off the gb kernel.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

nu2droid

Reaction score
Droid 3 now has root, recoveries and "sbf"s to flash. We do still have a locked bootloader but roms are being made and pumped out.
Chance for some Miui love yet?

chewy74

Reaction score
i think you'd have better luck asking over at MIUI.us

I remember reading something on mag's twitter saying his next device will most likely be galaxy nexus.

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Miui is possible in theory once you have a working build of Cyanogenmod, just need somebody that is willing to work on it.

nu2droid

Reaction score
You did such a bang up job with the D1 mags, I was hoping you were gonna pick it up. :D

One of the biggest things I miss from the D1.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums