Miui Music... Blacked Out... Screenshots...

Mohawk3

Reaction score
You will need to install the stock version first, then my themed one. I originally had it for UD where I installed the stock version with my theme...

Just change it to .apk and load it into a zip, then install mine after this reboots..... sorry about that...

Be sure to delete the one you have now before installing the stock version....

I am running UD 2.5 with the blacked out blue theme and I have been unable to install the original MIUI music app. I have tried multiple ways of installing it, but all have been done exclusively with the phone. I first tried to install the zip through clockwork as downloaded and MIUI music didn't show up. I renamed it to .apk and tried to install through androzip and root explorer. I also zipped the renamed .apk file and tried to install that through clockwork, but that failed too.

What am I doing wrong? Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Same keeps happening to me. Don't understand. I renamed apk. And moved to system/app. Changed permissions...etc..flashed the zip...none of them show up.

Gonna try to pull from miui rom first then flash blacked out.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Downloaded miui rom and extracted miuimusic using root explorer moved to system /app and changed permission. Rebooted and it was there. Gonna apply the blacked out theme now

Doesn't apply the theme. Made miuimusic apk dissappear. Just gonna inject your. Png files from themed app into the one that worked for me

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
To Install:

1. Delete any version you have now...
2. Flash the stock zip... its update.zip format, just install through recovery
3. Verify that you have the original purple MIUI music....
4. Install my themed zip through recovery...

This will not work until you install the stock version, verify its working, then install my themed one....

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I tried that. The stock miui was there and booted...opened it and played music, then flashed the blacked out through recovery...it replaced the miui music.apk with the blacked out one...but it doesnt show in app drawer or widgets. The apk file is installed in /system/app though verified in root explorer.

Reaction score
Man all of this is awesome!!!!!!!! What I'm looking for is is the black silk wallpaper you have pictured.

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I will post it when I get home from work... what rom are you running? I included it in the UDwallpapers if you are running UD2.5.....

Sent just before I "Blacked Out"

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can post the old one if you like. It doens't work well with Pandora so I am not using it anymore... for some reason when you are listening to Pandora and try to use the lockscreen controls, it starts playing Miui Music??? That's too big of a bug for me....

HuskerStorm

Reaction score
I can post the old one if you like. It doens't work well with Pandora so I am not using it anymore... for some reason when you are listening to Pandora and try to use the lockscreen controls, it starts playing Miui Music??? That's too big of a bug for me....

Weird, no thanks man, hope someday maybe you can get it worked out, appreciate it though!

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its a bug with the app, not the theme so I guess MIUI music is dead.....:)

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
they do, but I know a guy that uses miui and he says all the versions have the same issue/bug.....

Tepes

Reaction score
Is this coming back? I'm interested in this music player and love the blacked out look :)

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide