MIUI Music app

porky101

Reaction score
Whenever I play my music it randomly will pause it self. Anyone else having this issue I think I have had it in pretty much every MIUI release I have had... defiantly the past two builds.

Newps

Reaction score
Mine only pauses if I do anything else with the phone. If you just play music it never pauses.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will still cut off even if you're playing music. Not always, but sometimes it's almost instant and other times it takes a while or doesn't cut off at all. But it's something to do with the app killer in the ROM. You can't multitask with it. If anything uses more memory than it allows, it kills it.

juniorjwh

Reaction score
Try increasing your vm heap size and see if that helps.

Whenever I play my music it randomly will pause it self. Anyone else having this issue I think I have had it in pretty much every MIUI release I have had... defiantly the past two builds.

D1 MIUI 1.3.25 p3LV125-1250 w/ RAMZSWAP & SetCPU using Mr_DSL's BlissSuaveHD v9 Theme.

***Thank You TP4bama & JAMZELLE***

nick12

Reaction score
Also try not to have too many things using up memory. I got rid of most of my widgets and 2 home screens (down to just 3 now), and the problem completely went away.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
porky101

porky101

Reaction score
Try increasing your vm heap size and see if that helps.

Where do I go to do that and could you explain this a little bit more? I am not to clear on what you are talking about, but I have sort of an idea.

loudaccord

Reaction score
I noticed other roms have the option to increase VM heap size... how might I do this manually in MIUI?? My music stops after about 5 seconds and I don't have many apps running.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apps are constantly running and using memory.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's mainly MIUI music that has the issue. Does it still look up lyrics? I'm not on MIUI right now but last time I checked, it didn't do that anymore.

OP
porky101

porky101

Reaction score
It's mainly MIUI music that has the issue. Does it still look up lyrics? I'm not on MIUI right now but last time I checked, it didn't do that anymore.

Yes, it is still there, but you can turn it off in the settings. Along with download artwork and some others.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
O couldn't remember. That's probably a large part of why it gets killed so easily.

loudaccord

Reaction score
I turned off anything that either gets downloaded or could effect the app within Miui Music and that seems to have helped. Not sure if getting rid of Beautiful Widgets helped at all but that's the only other change I've made.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's why I switched off. I shouldn't have to delete stuff to listen to music. I only use a couple of widgets like time or the date.
Everything I used was being killed. Games, browser, music, just about any app I opened. I even tweaked some stuff and still had issues.
You can try downloading Auto Killer Memory Optimizer(something like that) and mess with the memory setting to try and make it stop cutting things off.