MIUI-Like Web Browser

publicanimal

Reaction score
Ahh, never mind, it's been roughly translated!

cn.miren.browser.apk

Thank you, now that I'm able to set the home page to Google I can begin using this browser. I'm liking what I see so far from this "charming browser", I'm going to set it to default for a while.

One thing I don't like about it is that there is no progress bar when loading pages, which might make it seem slower than it really is.

Last edited:

fox_dye

Reaction score
It doesn't rally matter to me if there is a progress bar or not it is still speedy. I think it does play mind tricks with you a little since its not there.

DanielC

Reaction score
The tabbed browsing and sheer speed of this browser is phenomenal.

publicanimal

Reaction score
It doesn't rally matter to me if there is a progress bar or not it is still speedy. I think it does play mind tricks with you a little since its not there.

Right, that's what I mean. With stock browser even if a page is loading slow you look at the progress bar and you get an idea of how long it will take a page to load. With this browser you just stare at a blank white page until the page is completely loaded, which makes the wait all that much more excruciating, even if the time is about the same.

I haven't noticed it being any faster than stock BTW. It definitely isn't slow.

publicanimal

Reaction score
I just tried to watch video on CNN.com twice and both times the browser force closed (though I didn't get a force close dialog), and not only that my live wallpaper is now gone. Back to the stock browser for me. Nice UI, but if it can't handle the daily grind, I can't use it.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
The newest translated version froze my phone after about ten minutes. No video or anything, just standard browsing. Switched back to Chinese version for time being and all is good. Trying to determine what it could've been.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
I have this fully translated, but for some reason I can not recompile. It keeps giving me errors...

C:\Android\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\cn.miren.browser.apk\res\values\strings.xml:222: error: Error parsing XML: not well-formed (invalid token)

And a TON of errors about public.xml such as C:\Android\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\cn.miren.browser.apk\res\values\public.xml:415: error: Public symbol string/Bookmark_favorite declared here is not defined.

I have not edited public.xml and I do not think there are any errors in my strings.xml

Can someone compile this for me? Here are all my changes attached in one ZIP...

jellybean420

Reaction score
I have this fully translated, but for some reason I can not recompile. It keeps giving me errors...

C:\Android\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\cn.miren.browser.apk\res\values\strings.xml:222: error: Error parsing XML: not well-formed (invalid token)

And a TON of errors about public.xml such as C:\Android\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\cn.miren.browser.apk\res\values\public.xml:415: error: Public symbol string/Bookmark_favorite declared here is not defined.

I have not edited public.xml and I do not think there are any errors in my strings.xml

Can someone compile this for me? Here are all my changes attached in one ZIP...

Dude ur freaking sweet lol. Lets get this man some help! I want to see this working :) Id help but i dont even know what it means to compile an .apk lol!

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
I couldn't get it compiled, but Andmer over at XDA could. I left a little surprise on the loading screen for you guys ;)

EDIT: URL DELETED. Find in first post.

P.S. -- There still is Chinese in it, but most of it comes from the web. Delete all the Chinese bookmarks and RSS feeds and you will have a completely English browser.

Last edited:

fox_dye

Reaction score
Haha I was gong to upload this but once again you beat me to it and the sites button is the only thing I can't seem to get all the Chinese out of.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks Jrizzill, this is awesome! question for you, how do you delete the bookmarks under the books tab? its probably easy i just cant figure it out.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Haha I was gong to upload this but once again you beat me to it and the sites button is the only thing I can't seem to get all the Chinese out of.

I modified it a bit more. I deleted all the Chinese sites and RSS feeds. The only Chinese left in this app is what it grabs from an external server (such as Books and Music). Enjoy! http://www.mediafire.com/?4fqh8zydd2e4scj

Last edited: