MIUI + LauncherPro

Reaction score
From what I've seen in screenshots, MIUI has some really cool features (notification bar options, dialer, lockscreen). But I don't really dig the homescreen, I'm much more a fan of the standard Android homescreens.

If I use MIUI with LauncherPro, will the homescreens work like I'm used to? And will I be able to "restore" my homescreens in LP preferences?

And an unrelated question: is the battery life comparable to what I'm used to (BB or SS)?MI

fox_dye

Reaction score
I use launcher pro plus and itching thumb with miui and I have no problems. It still gives you the lock screen and power controls in the pull down with a more familiar launcher. You still have your app drawer and all of the Widgets. Battery's life is good I get through the whole day with medium use. All of this depends on clock speed and what not. Overall very nice when all put together. Plus I have never had any luck with restoring launcher pro so I just keep my screens to a minimum. Plus you will have to do a clean install and restore apps with titanium ad the auto download feature isn't working yet.. Don't restore any system data.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.......

Wolf_Droid

Reaction score
Yeah launcher pro works great as well as does adw. Running it with adw right now and its never ran smoother.

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You can run any launcher you want. The only thing you will miss is not having a thousand homescreens and that cool widget overlay.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

CxanDroid

Reaction score
I Use LP myself, works well, don't have thousands of Icons all over the place.

publicanimal

Reaction score
One thing to be aware of is that the 3D app drawer in Launcher Pro doesn't work on Miui. At least it didn't used to, I don't think I've tried LP on Miui since v3.

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The stock launcher that comes as an option on rom manager when installing cyanogenmod runs great.

Sent from my hospital bed using Tapatalk

k00ey

Reaction score
Glad I found this thread! I love all the features of the rom, just not the idea of having to go w/o an app drawer. Definitely going to give this rom a try when I get a chance! dancedroid

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The stock launcher that comes as an option on rom manager when installing cyanogenmod runs great.

Which, Launcher2?

Yea but you have to remove the miui launcher2 first since they are named the same.

I've actually been using launcher pro with miui. I like the sense like Widgets.

I'm hoping the miui devs will include an optional app drawer like the Samsung galaxy.

Sent from my HERO200 using DroidForums App

fox_dye

Reaction score
Hey Zen have you guys made any suggestions to the MIUI devs. I mean I know a lot of people have been making requests for feature just thought it might look a little better coming from developers that are porting their rom.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

Reaction score

Which, Launcher2?

Yea but you have to remove the miui launcher2 first since they are named the same.

I've actually been using launcher pro with miui. I like the sense like Widgets.

I'm hoping the miui devs will include an optional app drawer like the Samsung galaxy.

Sent from my HERO200 using DroidForums App

i installed LP But everytime i backup an uninstall the stock launcher in TB i cant download apps from market the phone hot reboots an just gets screwy down the line any suggestions??