MIUI Issues and Resolution Tracker Thread

OP
akhenax

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
another issue I found with this ROM.

My camera app. When I open my camera, the first picture I take it saves the picture in the little preview window. If I touch to try and preview that picture, it doesnt work. It just stays on the camera screen. Also, it will not allow me to move switch to video at this time. If I take a second picture, for some reason...the second pic allows me to preview the pic AND/or toggle the switch to video recorder.

Just a little annoying. It would be nice if it worked right the first time.

Anyone else have this experience?

I tested my camera doing as you did and I did not get the same results. The camera and video recorder, doing as you did, did not give me any issues.

This is after a fresh reboot, and waiting a minute or so afterwards.

OP
akhenax

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm having issues with the gallery... Whenever I try to look at photos, it never fully renders them, or sometimes it changes to a different photo in a completely different location (i.e. I'm in \sdcard\backgrounds and it ends up showing a photo from \sdcard\download).
Have another folder called Wallpapers, and every time I click on a thumbnail, the gallery force closes.

I followed the install to a T, including the AIO fix, so before anyone asks, that's good.

I see an issue with the gallery as well, for instance when I click on the settings touch sensitive button, it selects a picture group for me. I don't know if other ROMs do the same thing, but that was interesting. I have not been able to mimic your issues however. Pictures do render on my Droid.

OP
akhenax

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am having problem with 3g. If I flash miui with wifi on, 3g will not turn on when I go out of range. If I already have 3g, it's fine until I come into wifi range. it will switch to wifi, but again, 3g will not come back once I am out of range. I had it working great. I installed over SS 4.8, Saffire and Cyanogen. Same thing. I also deleted the extra "AccountSandsyncing" file.

I think I did see this issue when I wiped my droid 4 times, and install MIUI on it. 3G and Wifi were iffy at best. After wiping again 4 times, installing SS 4.8, then MIUI on top, I didn't have those issues again.

OP
akhenax

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Managing Icons....

When I moved to MIUI the first time, my icons were all in alphabetical order, and that was great, then after I installed My Backup from the Market, and had my data/apps restored from a few Roms back, woah, icons all over the place, this time not in alphabetical order.

Anyone found a way to autoarrange the icons, so that you don't have to manually arrange them?

OP
akhenax

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
No Landscape option. Is this an issue?

Originally Posted by Armyof2
Originally Posted by blackops
Anyone also notice that when you put your phone in your charging craddle that the homescreen does not want to rotate to landscape mode? Not sure if it is me or for everyone else as well.

Don't have a cradle...but i'm not sure there is a landscape mode for the homescreen...even when i pull the keyboard out it just kinda locks. Landscape works in the apps but the home launcher appears to not have that function

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Please dont post unnecessary comments like "I dont have the same issue you do" Its a waste of space...and it doesnt help resolution of the problem that people may be having. Just because you dont have the problem as well, doesnt mean the problem doesnt exist. This thread is intended to help resolve issues and "That isnt happening to me" isnt a resolution...its clutter.

As for my camera issue, for some reason it cleared up when I flashed the galaxy theme to miui. It was persistent before, and it happened to me EVERY time I took the first pic. It no longer does this...it works on first snap every time now.

So...for me...the resolution was just flashing a theme for miui. Things have been going very smoothly for me the past couple of days...but some friends have pointed out how "iphonish" this ROM is...which I dont like. Personally I dont like apple products. Not a hater, just never had good experiences with them.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Please dont post unnecessary comments like "I dont have the same issue you do" Its a waste of space...and it doesnt help resolution of the problem that people may be having. Just because you dont have the problem as well, doesnt mean the problem doesnt exist. This thread is intended to help resolve issues and "That isnt happening to me" isnt a resolution...its clutter.

As for my camera issue, for some reason it cleared up when I flashed the galaxy theme to miui. It was persistent before, and it happened to me EVERY time I took the first pic. It no longer does this...it works on first snap every time now.

So...for me...the resolution was just flashing a theme for miui. Things have been going very smoothly for me the past couple of days...but some friends have pointed out how "iphonish" this ROM is...which I dont like. Personally I dont like apple products. Not a hater, just never had good experiences with them.

Edit: My post prior to this edit did come across as more rude than I first thought. What I should have said was: The type of post you refer to as clutter can be helpful. It lets you know that your problem is not an "across the board" bug which may not have an easy fix.

Last edited:

martytoo

Reaction score

Edit: My post prior to this edit did come across as more rude than I first thought. What I should have said was: The type of post you refer to as clutter can be helpful. It lets you know that your problem is not an "across the board" bug which may not have an easy fix.

I agree. It was of use for me to see both the problem and the lack of this problem for you two users.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I suppose it is helpful to know someone is not getting the same issue but to offer some advice to resolve would have been nice. Or at least more. info like what you flashed MIUI over or where the issue could be isolated. No reply at all would give me the hint nobody has the issue. Nonetheless it is no longer an issue.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here is an issue and a fix. Don't attempt to change video quality to 720p in camera apk you will get a force close that will persist until you go to application manager and force stop and clear data. FYI