MIUI Help!

Parkhum

Reaction score
Greetings!
While I'm pretty new to the whole flashing thing, I thought I knew what to do. That's clearly not the case.
I downloaded the MIUI Shadow 1.9.9.1 file and placed it on my SD card. I proceeded to boot into recovery, I wipe the data/factory reset, and the cache partition.
I then proceed to attempt to install the .zip from my SD and it always says "install aborted."

i'm really at a loss, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any thoughts?

craig7220

Reaction score
Greetings!
While I'm pretty new to the whole flashing thing, I thought I knew what to do. That's clearly not the case.
I downloaded the MIUI Shadow 1.9.9.1 file and placed it on my SD card. I proceeded to boot into recovery, I wipe the data/factory reset, and the cache partition.
I then proceed to attempt to install the .zip from my SD and it always says "install aborted."

i'm really at a loss, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like it could be a bad Download.

sent from Galaxy tab

OP
Parkhum

Parkhum

Reaction score
Damn, okay. I'll try and see if I can find another one.
The odd thing is, this has happened with two separate downloads. Hmmmm

leftspin

Reaction score
definitely sounds like a botched download. If you downloaded it over 3G, try downloading it from your computer over wifi. If that doesn't work PM me and I'll send you the .zip I used that worked

OP
Parkhum

Parkhum

Reaction score
definitely sounds like a botched download. If you downloaded it over 3G, try downloading it from your computer over wifi. If that doesn't work PM me and I'll send you the .zip I used that worked

I originally did it on my computer and I didn't have any luck the second time either.
I'll PM you! Thanks!

Reaction score
What rom are you running now? I think you need to be on froyo to load any 2nd-init rom like miui or cm7.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Beka27

Reaction score
Did you unmount the sd? Sometimes it needs to be unmounted.

Beka27

Reaction score
I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, I just know that with some of the Miui files you have to unmount thru CW prior to flashing the file. I don't remember if I had to when upgrading to 1.9.9, so I was just throwing that out there as another thing to try. That might (or might not) be the problem.

EDITED: I'm sorry!!! No wonder you're confused! In my early morning post I typed unmount the SD, I meant unmount the SYSTEM. My mistake for typing before I'm fully awake. LOL!

Last edited:
OP
Parkhum

Parkhum

Reaction score
EDITED: I'm sorry!!! No wonder you're confused! In my early morning post I typed unmount the SD, I meant unmount the SYSTEM. My mistake for typing before I'm fully awake. LOL!

Haha! No worries! I'm gonna try and work it out, but I'm pretty sure I just need to flash back to Froyo to use MIUI. I recently upgraded to GB right before rooting. That's probably the ROOT of the problem.

See what I did there?!

Beka27

Reaction score
Lol! We're such dorks! I love it! You do have to be on froyo for Miui to work. Last i heard, they are working on the gb kernal but it's not ready yet. Maybe within the next couple weeks?

OP
Parkhum

Parkhum

Reaction score
Lol! We're such dorks! I love it! You do have to be on froyo for Miui to work. Last i heard, they are working on the gb kernal but it's not ready yet. Maybe within the next couple weeks?

Haha! Awesome!
Yeah I'm running APEX right now, which is pretty snazzy in itself. I think it'll stick with it until the GB kernel comes out.
Thanks again!

destinydmm

Reaction score
Gingerbread Kernel is out. MIUI 1.9.16.1
ROM thread here
MIUI Extendend Settings thread here (RW re-post)

Last edited: