Miui for droid x ?

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
As a learning Dev myself, you spend so many hours testing and being wrong to get it right. i have spent hours adjusting things ive built for the x and i dont even own one, just bc people asked. i could have spent that time learn on my d1 and used it myself. and still made no money. if you want to ask for something that a dev isnt doing currently and for a device we dont own, yeah expect to donate a good amount. 1. so we can get that device or 2. so we can get and pay for stuff we need to continue developing, aka a new computer or upgrades. I bought a brand new laptop a few months back just to be able to compile from source with out my computer melting down! just a thought for anyone saying devs shouldnt ask or do something just for money.

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Good news, within the next few weeks I may be getting a Droid X donated to me to try and port MIUI to. :) If i can get MIUI ported to the droid x, from what i read a D2 port should be just a matter of a couple files difference from the DX.

About donations, I don't do this for donations at all, I accept them and greatly appreciate them, but its not why I'm here. I do this because its fun and a great learning experience, and because its something I'm good at. As for my rotten POS laptop that is slowly crapping out on me(Locking up for no reason and audio card is fried), yea im saving for a new one as it is my main computer. But I do not expect anyone to buy me a new one. However any donations I receive are going towards a new(er) computer.

New miui biuld is running great for me so far btw... ill keep you all posted.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Good news, within the next few weeks I may be getting a Droid X donated to me to try and port MIUI to. :) If i can get MIUI ported to the droid x, from what i read a D2 port should be just a matter of a couple files difference from the DX.

About donations, I don't do this for donations at all, I accept them and greatly appreciate them, but its not why I'm here. I do this because its fun and a great learning experience, and because its something I'm good at. As for my rotten POS laptop that is slowly crapping out on me(Locking up for no reason and audio card is fried), yea im saving for a new one as it is my main computer. But I do not expect anyone to buy me a new one. However any donations I receive are going towards a new(er) computer.

That would be awesome!! I would love miui on my Droid x :D.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tlozano09

Reaction score

I would donate what i have. Im in school so money is kinda tight but dev's like you deserve some compensation. Miui on the x would be amazing.

OP
paul7602

paul7602

Reaction score
droid x

i would definetly cough up some extra cash for this to be done !! wanna play with stock for a few days but dont seemed to like the x much because my d1 was so fast and stable on miui but im new and dont know or trust my skills to do this myself. how can i shoot Jamez a message ? would at least like to root my x and remove all these ****ty apps verizon thought i wanted !!!

hoppermi

Reaction score
i would definetly cough up some extra cash for this to be done !! wanna play with stock for a few days but dont seemed to like the x much because my d1 was so fast and stable on miui but im new and dont know or trust my skills to do this myself. how can i shoot Jamez a message ? would at least like to root my x and remove all these ****ty apps verizon thought i wanted !!!

Clicking on someones user name should give an option to msg.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
paul7602

paul7602

Reaction score
i could port it...
just checking still dont know how to root it ! lol safely! my build says 2.2.1 not sure if this is the newest build for my x or not ? would be so greatful and donate ( not 5 -10 ) either lol but this is the greatest rom available imo
not even sure if your into the x yet thought it would be even better on x cause it was built for no keyboard phone! learning fast but still very new to this !! are the x and d1 built totally different ?

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
LP
Good news, within the next few weeks I may be getting a Droid X donated to me to try and port MIUI to. :) If i can get MIUI ported to the droid x, from what i read a D2 port should be just a matter of a couple files difference from the

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jam, you'd be "DA" man if you successfully port this to the X, you're already "the" man for what you've done for D1:) I look forward to your DX port for sure!

phenley

Reaction score
If you you need a droid x and that one falls through I may be able to get you one. PM me if interested

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mexedi

Reaction score

I would love MIUI on my Droid X dancedroid