MIUI dormant

foothill17

Reaction score
MIUI for D1 seems to have gone sort of dormant since the 11-5 release didn't happen. Anyone have any insight into what's in the near future? Is there going to be a release based on the 11-12 release? Any news or rumors??

JStandiford21

Reaction score
Ive noticed this too. Its like everyone disappeared. But without a new release there arent any new bugs/issues/props to post about. Lol. Everyone is probably playing black ops.

But seriously, anybody have any updates on whats going down? Im off trying a different rom til a miui update,.

Metick? Zen? Either of you on? Havent seen zen for awhile

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

beaton3344

Reaction score
Try metiCkOne's FRG83. Excellent ROM. For sure hold me over until MIUI gets going. Right now I'm happy with staying with FRG83 Blackbar mod....

removement

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that the last version of miui was a disaster. That might be why there has not been any updates.

Current Rom: MetiCkMod v2.2 Blackbar

Ozzie

Reaction score
My Miui is all dialed in now and backed up...everybody is happy.
I'm in no hurry...our boys have been busting their buts and I'm glad we all get a little break. This is one sweet rom...
I keep trying out other roms (currently chevy 4.9), but I keep coming back rather quickly...I just love how things work. Nice to have a working backup...I can go play and switch back anytime.

thebignoob

Reaction score
I think it's a tad unfair to call this project dormant already. I remember reading metick saying something about waiting for yesterday's release because 11.5 was way too buggy.

Also, i've found it kinda nice with the spacing out of updates, keeps me from having to reinstall all my apps again, and again, and again.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Attention rom junkies, it's ok to go a week without flashing your phone:)

I'm actually enjoying having 6.4 on my phone. All these builds have been pretty solid and good enough to leave on your phone without flashing the latest every week.

lsdozer

Reaction score
Quoted from the 10.29 post.
MIUI 11.12 has the same problems that 11.05 did. To get the rom working on the Droid a lot more work needs to be put into it. We'll resume updates on it once we can get it working properly.

The issue is that the launcher restarts itself, the lockscreen doesn't work with other launchers and the phone freezes constantly.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix them please share!

JStandiford21

Reaction score
Im not complaining, the break is giving me the chance to try out some other roms, currently UD 2 which im enjoying because it has some of the features of miui that i love. But im sure ill go back to my MIUI 6.4 backup before too long, it was runniing very smooth. Just wish there was more themes. UD has a ton.

Also, i really appreciate all the work metick and zen and the others contributors do. I was just curious if anything was brewing,

I will be stoked whenever something comes out

kingdroid81

Reaction score
Im not complaining, the break is giving me the chance to try out some other roms, currently UD 2 which im enjoying because it has some of the features of miui that i love. But im sure ill go back to my MIUI 6.4 backup before too long, it was runniing very smooth. Just wish there was more themes. UD has a ton.

Also, i really appreciate all the work metick and zen and the others contributors do. I was just curious if anything was brewing,

I will be stoked whenever something comes out

Same here. for some reason, UD runs alot smoother that miui. Dont get me wrong, Im still down for miui. Just got tired of the weekly updates. I ran miui for a good 3 wks. Time to give my D1 a lil siesta. Was runnin UD 8.0 before miui. UD 2.0 is kick ass for now..

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It has been a little boring since no updates, but I just can bring myself to flashing something else. Nothing else seems the same. Ive gotten used to this UI so much that different variations of plain jane android dont do it for me.

UD8 for me was garbage. I got process.acore fc 5 times a day with ADW launcher and changing orientation...redraws were long...and I just didnt like it. I had been using chevy ss for a while, but dont feel like going back yet (even if its just for a little bit)

lsdozer

Reaction score
I just flashed UD2.0 and didnt care for it. I loved UD1.0 (before I found MIUI) but dont like some of the features of 2.0.

I did like CM6.1 RC3 alot, but I still missed the lockscreen. CM ran great. It has a power control feature in the pulldown, which I cant live without now, but lockscreen was boring.

I think if more themers would jump on the MIUI bandwagon, people wouldn't get tired of the rom as fast. I found a couple themes on forums.miui-dev (or whatever the site is) and it is tiding me over.

Mostly I am a theme whore, and I find a ROM that runs great and has the features I like (MIUI) but I like switch themes all the time.

I am anxious for the calendar feature on the lockscreen. Sounds cool.

Lewis