MIUI Dialer Port?

PickYourKing

Reaction score
I love MIUI, I think its amazing. But as of right now its too buggy for me to want to use all the time. One thing I fell completely in love with though is the Dialer and especially the IN CALL Screen. Is it possible to get just this aspect of MIUI on my Droid whilst running BB 0.5?? Smart people, help!!!

azpilot

Reaction score
I love MIUI, I think its amazing. But as of right now its too buggy for me to want to use all the time. One thing I fell completely in love with though is the Dialer and especially the IN CALL Screen. Is it possible to get just this aspect of MIUI on my Droid whilst running BB 0.5?? Smart people, help!!!

3.1 is pretty darn stable compared to what it came from, might want to check it out if you haven't

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
dude, I have v2 and its stable. the only thing that crashes is *228, SD and storage, and there is a little chinese left in the ROM.

I installed mine over ss4.8 w/o wiping.

OP
PickYourKing

PickYourKing

Reaction score
I have tried the new one, I just want to wait a bit longer til its ready for beta.

But anyway, is it possible to somehow pull the dialer/in-call screen from this?

publicanimal

Reaction score
I have tried the new one, I just want to wait a bit longer til its ready for beta.

But anyway, is it possible to somehow pull the dialer/in-call screen from this?

Probably.

Here's a tip someone else gave me a while ago that has served me very nicely ever since:

The easiest way to make an update.zip file for loading an app in /system/app (the "cheater's method") is as follows:
-On your PC, take one of the theme files compatible with BBV0.5, right click on it and open it as an archive using 7zip or WinRar (don't ever unzip this file!)
-Inside the zip archive, you'll see 2 folders: META-INF and system
-Don't touch the META-INF folder
-Open the system folder and delete the framework folder
-Open the app folder and delete all the apps in there, then drag the Miui Phone.apk into that app folder
-Close the zip archive and rename it something descriptive.

Now you have your update.zip!

That might only partially work, it might give you the in-call screen but not the dialer. Test it out and see, then add more .apks from Miui until you achieve the desired result.

Make a backup before you do this just in case this screws anything up.

Last edited:

mjh68

Reaction score
well..... Did it work??? I'm curious.

I doubt it , because what I can recall when this has been asked in the past. Is that the dialer is tied directly to the MIUI framework and needs those parts to be present to function.

P.S. as others have said the latest releases of MIUI have been fantastically stable and few bugs so I would just flash the newest rom and give it a shot again. I loved the dialer as well , so came back to it once it became so smooth.

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
Here's two templates. One will restore apps only and the other will restore anything that is in your framework directory. I'll upload one that will do both later.

Just unzip, add the files you want to the correct directory/folder, rezip and flash.

app-template-update.zip

framework-template-update.zip

I made these a while ago so let know if there are any issues with them.