MIUI-Dev Themes

OP
whiskeycoke

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
Reaction score
yea i did a full wipe and the first time i installed a kernal right after i installed 1.3. i just did another wipe and reinstalled and did not install the kernal and im still getting a fc

BigMace23

Reaction score
Is there any kind of theme to make the icons completely stock without the border that miui automatically applies to every app?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I tried to do that and I kept getting force closes on the home screen. There are 4 - 5 files involved in making the icons look the way they do. I tried removing the files and making all of them transparent with no luck.

If there is a 'stock' theme available you could try that. I would encourage everyone to take a look inside one of the theme zips to look at the how it works. It's really easy to replace the icons inside those theme zips. If you extract the zip and open it up inside the 'icon' folder are most of the icons from market apps you would download. The names are pretty screwy but each of those icons corresponds to an app you have installed or could install. As long as you keep the same name you change those icons to anything you want them to be. The rest of the icons are inside the /framework/res/drawable-hdpi-finger folder. These are mostly the system icons that come preinstalled in the rom and again you can change those out to something else.

So, the icons inside the icon and drawable-hdpi-finger folders will not get the overlay that MIUI puts on. That comes into play when you download a market app that doesn't have it's own predefined icon in one of those folders.

MIUI icons are 90x90 pixels so you probably want to use photoshop or the free photoshop replacement program called gimp to customize your own icons and save them as .png files.

God, I just spewed out a lot of garbage there that probably doesn't make any sense. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to help answer any questions. I'm not an expert by any means but according to my wife I have a "problem" with my droid. Apparently there are people out there that don't constantly mess with their phone.

Thanks for the reply... that's good information

OP
whiskeycoke

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
yea i did a full wipe and the first time i installed a kernal right after i installed 1.3. i just did another wipe and reinstalled and did not install the kernal and im still getting a fc

I guess I can understand the fc's with the custom kernel but I haven't seen anyone else having this issue. Especially after a wipe and no custom kernal. Just so I understand, your clicking setting > personal > theme style then getting the fc?

Reaction score
so looks like any time i put a file inside the miui theme folder i cannot access it. but when the folder is empty it works??

Last edited:

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
first make sure you are running D1-MIUI 0.11.19-v1.1. next download the theme you want and put it in the themes folder (file path sdcard/miui/themes). Then go to settings/personal/themes. your themes should show up. click on the + sign next to the theme you want. click ok. it will then prompt you to reboot. reboot and wala.

Am running the latest MIUI 1.3 and I do not see an "MIUI" Folder in my SD card. Do we create the folders?

OP
whiskeycoke

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
Am running the latest MIUI 1.3 and I do not see an "MIUI" Folder in my SD card. Do we create the folders?

I would try that, you'd want to make a MIUI folder then a theme folder. I didn't create the folder myself but when you open setting > personal > theme style, that is where it's looking for the themes. Also, inside theme style there is a 'Load Themes' button that lets you search your sd card for the theme. You could try that too.

PS, hows the DX treating you?

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score

I would try that, you'd want to make a MIUI folder then a theme folder. I didn't create the folder myself but when you open setting > personal > theme style, that is where it's looking for the themes. Also, inside theme style there is a 'Load Themes' button that lets you search your sd card for the theme. You could try that too.

Just wiped and reloaded. Wow, this MIUI thing is Getting Very Serious. It all works according to the directions. I got my folders w/out creating them. Loaded up the theme and all I can say is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE , Bring this to DX...

OP
whiskeycoke

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
Just wiped and reloaded. Wow, this MIUI thing is Getting Very Serious. It all works according to the directions. I got my folders w/out creating them. Loaded up the theme and all I can say is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE , Bring this to DX...

Awsome. That seems to be the fix to most of the problems people are having, I'm glad it's working now.

I have about another year before I can get a new phone and I'll probably have to base my choice on where the development is at. Here's to bringing it to the X.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score

Awsome. That seems to be the fix to most of the problems people are having, I'm glad it's working now.

I have about another year before I can get a new phone and I'll probably have to base my choice on where the development is at. Here's to bringing it to the X.

Sounds Fair enough, Maybe VZW can let you do an early upgrade:) This MIUI think Is taken over. To have Themes available within the Rom is Simply Stunning. Change Themes on the Fly..Ya'll Keep up the amazing work. I'll be sure donating to this great cause although Am only using my D1 doe testing purposes only. If only I can get a DX Themer:)

OP
whiskeycoke

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
Sounds Fair enough, Maybe VZW can let you do an early upgrade:) This MIUI think Is taken over. To have Themes available within the Rom is Simply Stunning. Change Themes on the Fly..Ya'll Keep up the amazing work. I'll be sure donating to this great cause although Am only using my D1 doe testing purposes only. If only I can get a DX Themer:)

Yeah, we'll see. At this point I'm still happy with D1. That could change next week though. I too am blown away by the themes. You can use one for work, one for leisure. It's definitely sweet.

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

i talked to a buddy of mine with a DX, ill see what i can do this week about getting miui on the X...

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score

i talked to a buddy of mine with a DX, ill see what i can do this week about getting miui on the X...

That would make me VERY happy!!! Thanks for all your hard work

leonozug

Reaction score
I showed a friend who has a DX my MIUI v1.3 and all the themes you can change and everything. His response was "Tell me when they make it for the X!!" lol!!