MIUI-Dev Themes

Shusuke028

Reaction score
is anyone else having trouble with the Gladhander theme not theming the ROM? (Running v1.2). The blackberry theme and the SWG theme work for me tho

nwwolf1

Reaction score
So I downloaded the large file, unzipped and installed into miui theme folder. They show up on my theme list but how do I install one? I click and reboot but it doesn't work. Any help?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
whiskeycoke

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
So I downloaded the large file, unzipped and installed into miui theme folder. They show up on my theme list but how do I install one? I click and reboot but it doesn't work. Any help?

Just got one of them working. I'll work on the other two and get them posted asap. I didn't really see anything different in the original theme zip but the d1's obviously didn't like something about it.

OP
whiskeycoke

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
I only uploaded one version of the Transformer theme. The other two were just pieces of the framework pictures and didn't amount to much. They didn't even have the backgrounds included. This is the version that includes everything. Let me know if it gives you any problems.
AUTOBOT_1.zip

OP
whiskeycoke

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
is anyone else having trouble with the Gladhander theme not theming the ROM? (Running v1.2). The blackberry theme and the SWG theme work for me tho

I just ran Gladhander again and it looks good. What is the problem your having?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Moviestar is the shh

Sent from moviestar miui

BigMace23

Reaction score
Is there any kind of theme to make the icons completely stock without the border that miui automatically applies to every app?

OP
whiskeycoke

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
Is there any kind of theme to make the icons completely stock without the border that miui automatically applies to every app?

I tried to do that and I kept getting force closes on the home screen. There are 4 - 5 files involved in making the icons look the way they do. I tried removing the files and making all of them transparent with no luck.

If there is a 'stock' theme available you could try that. I would encourage everyone to take a look inside one of the theme zips to look at the how it works. It's really easy to replace the icons inside those theme zips. If you extract the zip and open it up inside the 'icon' folder are most of the icons from market apps you would download. The names are pretty screwy but each of those icons corresponds to an app you have installed or could install. As long as you keep the same name you change those icons to anything you want them to be. The rest of the icons are inside the /framework/res/drawable-hdpi-finger folder. These are mostly the system icons that come preinstalled in the rom and again you can change those out to something else.

So, the icons inside the icon and drawable-hdpi-finger folders will not get the overlay that MIUI puts on. That comes into play when you download a market app that doesn't have it's own predefined icon in one of those folders.

MIUI icons are 90x90 pixels so you probably want to use photoshop or the free photoshop replacement program called gimp to customize your own icons and save them as .png files.

God, I just spewed out a lot of garbage there that probably doesn't make any sense. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to help answer any questions. I'm not an expert by any means but according to my wife I have a "problem" with my droid. Apparently there are people out there that don't constantly mess with their phone.

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Ya the whole naming thing is why I couldn't get the icons to work in Blue Steel. Plus I'm at my moms with out my pc to sort it all out.

OP
whiskeycoke

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
Ya the whole naming thing is why I couldn't get the icons to work in Blue Steel. Plus I'm at my moms with out my pc to sort it all out.

I think I saw you got it working but do you need me to take a look at something?

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I got everything but the icons and some of the themed apps working using just my phone lol I'll get the rest tomorrow or later tonight. I might have you check it out before hand.