MIUI "copyright" inquiry

Reaction score
So, due to that little mess where MIUI threads were shut down and Zen became chairman of the board, does that mean I can't port one of the builds for the Nexus that has language packs instead of hard coded languages and a better UI than all the wood? Just curious what the rules are here these days. Thanks

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You can do what ever you want with miui. I hold no rights to it. The problem we had here was specific to the d1 and droidforums. It was about duplication of the project originated by jamezelle and myself. Just a misunderstanding between metickone and myself.

So the mods here stopped the fork on my request and we formed Team D1 Miui. Which is working out great.

If you are going to do it from scratch without using the already ported libs in our roms. I don't have a problem with it.

It would be great if you do port a themed n1 miui to droid port to post it here and help us out. Maybe join team d1-miui.

illmatic636

Reaction score
You can do what ever you want with miui. I hold no rights to it. The problem we had here was specific to the d1 and droidforums. It was about duplication of the project originated by jamezelle and myself. Just a misunderstanding between metickone and myself.

So the mods here stopped the fork on my request and we formed Team D1 Miui. Which is working out great.

If you are going to do it from scratch without using the already ported libs in our roms. I don't have a problem with it.

It would be great if you do port a themed n1 miui to droid port to post it here and help us out. Maybe join team d1-miui.

I agree.. I Followed Twistedunbrella during my G1 days, definite asset if he jumps on board.

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I agree.. I Followed Twistedunbrella during my G1 days, definite asset if he jumps on board.

I've always liked twisteds work I ran a ported sense build of his on my old htc vogue over a year and a half ago.

This was my whole intention in the first place. Since we don't have official MIUI support it's up to us to make it work and the more people we have on board the better it will get.

matrix2004

Reaction score
Is this why i can't find the original MIUI thread? I'm looking to see if there's an update to Zen v2 ?

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It should still be there. There haven't been any updates to it in a while since it was based on miui 9.24 and we've moved on to 9.30.

OP
T
Reaction score
I am just looking at what I can play with because I like the MIUI framework, but I think the wood look is too classy for my taste and I like to run my ROMs at 192 screen density. It seemed like not all of MIUI agreed with me about that. Not to mention, while Cyanogen is a great coder and I can't vouch for results on his device of choice, I have never run a single one of the ports without sacrificing battery life, so the whole merged idea doesn't really appeal to me.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Now all you little Androids better play nice or Papa Penguin is gonna come and beat you with a large sardine!

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am just looking at what I can play with because I like the MIUI framework, but I think the wood look is too classy for my taste and I like to run my ROMs at 192 screen density. It seemed like not all of MIUI agreed with me about that. Not to mention, while Cyanogen is a great coder and I can't vouch for results on his device of choice, I have never run a single one of the ports without sacrificing battery life, so the whole merged idea doesn't really appeal to me.

The regular D1-Miui only uses cyanogenmod bin, xbin, init.d and bootimg. The hybrid just uses cyanogenmod phone, contacts, dialer and some other apps. The rest is miui.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

OP
T
Reaction score

The regular D1-Miui only uses cyanogenmod bin, xbin, init.d and bootimg. The hybrid just uses cyanogenmod phone, contacts, dialer and some other apps. The rest is miui.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Yeah, and it's the boot image and init.d I plan to mess with most. I also want to see about changing how those bubbles generate, but that may not be in the cards. Anywho, back to the fun little program I have teaching me how to port Nexus to Droid at lightspeed. Probably shouldn't have taken so much time off working with ROMs. Can't take another three day vacation to start from scratch.